PDA

View Full Version : I hate set posts

einbert
05-16-2005, 01:18 PM
These dudes are just unknown 5/10ers.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls down from this point unless he hits the case 4.

emonrad87
05-16-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero calls down from this point unless he hits the case 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

Vote4Pedro
05-16-2005, 01:27 PM
I guess your flop donk worked out because button CC'd anyway, but i think a flop c/r is better...the rest of the hand is good

einbert
05-16-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess your flop donk worked out because button CC'd anyway, but i think a flop c/r is better...the rest of the hand is good

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that at 5/10 you can expect frequent flop coldcalls on boards like this. I think whether to bet out or checkraise is mostly dependent on how often you will get raised so you can three-bet as opposed to how often it gets checked through when you check.

Having said that, I believe that checkraising the flop is a valid line. I'm not sure which line is better.

wowacedude
05-16-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm with pedro on this one, a flop-CR is going to trap button instead of making him call 2 cold on the flop.
Anyway, i might want to raise/bet this one more time, i'm thinking about leading a good river card, because we can make it 2 turn bets + 2 riv bets and if we are really lucky keep MP in there because he aint going to be faced with two BBs anywhere, instead of 4 turn +1 riv if we 3-bet . Sure, button call-capping i scary but the only reasonable hand he can have here that beats us i sixes, right?
Anyway, this is some thoughts of mine and i would love to hear what you guys think, i'm way off?