PDA

View Full Version : YASP 10K hands -- some stat questions.

Pokey
05-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Sorry about Yet Another Stats Post, but as long as I'm YASPing, I thank you for your help. Oh, and I can't find Ishmael's stat post anymore, even with a search. Is there a separate search for the archives?

Anyways, on to my questions.

1. VPIP is 20.52% (bleh) but from the small blind it's a whopping 45.82%. Am I spewing chips from SB? Out of this blind I tend to play any pair, any A, any K, or any two suited for $1 at the 2/4 tables; advice on how I should tighten this up is welcomed.

2. Blind theft: I've had under 400 chances at this in the last 10K hands. Is this typical, or just an artifact of how loose my tables are? Given that it comes up so infrequently, I feel that fixing problems here isn't a huge worry, but I'm just wondering if a steal-attempt rate of 33.33% is ridiculous (either way too high or way too low), and if so, again: advice on how to fix it is welcome.

3. My Won Money at Showdown is an embarassing 48.31%. I find myself quite often in situations where I've aggressively pushed mediocre hands and then made crying calls on the river, losing to some well-hidden better hand (yesterday, a donk had pocket aces twice and just called all the way down to the river: my TPTK never had a chance either time). Given that most river pots are large, crying calls are typically the right choice. I don't consider this a major problem, but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise, and I'm willing to entertain advice on how to fix the problem. Oh, and my Went to Showdown ratio is 35.10% and Folded to River Bet is 48.38%, if that helps explain the problem.

4. Check-raising: so far, I've only check-raised 1.41% of the possible times. While it often comes up in discussions on the boards as the proper play, during games I typically find myself just betting for value or raising for value. At the 2/4 tables, is check-raising just not a frequently used tool, or am I underapplying the concept?

crunchy1
05-16-2005, 12:58 PM
Search for Tiger Woods (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2129882&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1)

Pokey
05-16-2005, 01:06 PM
Oh yeah! I remembered he had some weird keyword in his title, but I couldn't remember what it was. Thanks. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jb9
05-16-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I spewing chips from SB? Out of this blind I tend to play any pair, any A, any K, or any two suited for $1 at the 2/4 tables; advice on how I should tighten this up is welcomed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't play offsuit Ax or Kx from the small blind if there were more than two other players already in the pot (and maybe not even against 2) -- top pair bad kicker out of position hands are bad news. I suppose if you only ever play past the flop when you flop 2 pair or better, these might be worth it, but I avoid them.

I wouldn't play hands like 62s or 93s too often either.