PDA

View Full Version : Good Play or Bad Play???

bruce
05-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Saturday/Sunday at Commerce. $340 buyin with 508 entrants and
40 minute rounds. We are down to 21 players. 27 are paid and top prize is $62,000. Payout like always very top heavy.

I am in big blind with around 16,500 and small blind has me slightly covered. Blinds are 800/1600/200a. Play has been fairly tight, with the real big stacks at other two tables.
Small blind however has been fairly aggressive.

All fold to him and he makes it 5500. I put him on a steal
and I move all in with KTo.

Comments appreciated. Don't think because I posted this I
lost hand or won hand.

Bruce

Mark1808
05-16-2005, 01:08 PM
He is probably going to make this play if he can beat a random hand, Q7 or better. He may also do this with more hands, but using Q7 or better you are giving him a little over 2 - 1 with the raise which he should be committed to call, and if he is playing Q7 or better 50% of the time he is ahead of K10. I would rather push all in in front of him than come over the top in that situation given your stack size.

DVC Calif
05-16-2005, 01:20 PM
Whether this push is good is totally read dependent. If the table has been as tight as you say, SB is smart to capitalize on that by playing aggressively. If your read is that he's on a steal, then this is a good move to resteal if you think SB is good enough to laydown. (How has your Shania been at the table?) There's a good amount of chips in the pot and KTo is probably ahead of most random hands.

However, the weak/tight player in me thinks that with 8-9bbs, there 's still time to wait for better hand. Especially if the third table busts and you have more players per orbit. I would fold and wait for a better spot. Hopefully the LAG will still be on your right when you pick up a real hand.

bruce
05-16-2005, 01:23 PM
Well and succinctly stated.