PDA

View Full Version : underpair

joker122
05-16-2005, 12:19 PM
i feel like this should be an easy fold on the turn, but there's so many idiots out there...

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.70 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.70 BB

J.R.
05-16-2005, 12:28 PM
he has a K much more often than 8/10.7ths of the time. If you don't have any indication he is an idiot yet, he probably isn't cause most are loose passive. having QQ helps (QT less likely), and usually when they are dic'in around with a raise here they do so on the flop.

7ontheline
05-16-2005, 12:32 PM
If the board were a little more coordinated, I think things would look better because he may have a lower 2 pair. As it is, I think you're boned. On my good days, I find a fold. Most of the time, I call down to see if he's an idiot.

ZZZ
05-16-2005, 12:42 PM
I find it hard to wrap my mind around this one without a read. Against an unknown, I think it's reasonably close, but technically a fold.

ZZZ

emonrad87
05-16-2005, 12:46 PM
Against an unknow who called two from the BB preflop, I think it's pretty clear you're beat here. It's still a tough fold to make tho.

kiddo
05-16-2005, 12:54 PM
Since most seems to aggree that this is a fold if it is checkraised on turn and board isnt to drawish maybe we could check turn and call river (bet behind if he checks again)?

Win 1 more when he bluff or bet lower pair on river if he had folded it on turn and lose the same if we are behind. Win 1 less if he had called us down.

We win about the same, maybe a little less depending on how often he bluff, as if we bet turn. He cant bluff us but instead we give hime some free outs.

Isura
05-16-2005, 01:06 PM
I think with this board, he's not betting a worse pair often enough on the river. A bluff is very unlikely in this spot unless villian is a real donk IMO. I think giving free outs is also not good on the turn. You only have 2 outs usually when behind, but villian often has more outs if he is behind. You betting protects your hand and gets extra bets from hands like AJ, 99 etc. I also don't mind folding the turn to a check-raise with QQ since I don't have many outs anyways. If hero's hand was AJ say, I like the line of checking the turn and calling the river.