PDA

View Full Version : strange 99 hand

TMFS9
05-16-2005, 11:56 AM
SB is a fairly tag player about 24/13/2, the rest of the table was pretty loose, with the CO being a little bit on the aggressive side.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
1 fold, MP calls, <font color="red">CO raises</font>, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB call, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls

Flop: (15 SB) Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif, J /images/graemlins/club.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q /images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
<font color="red">SB bets</font> , BB folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero Raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) J /images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>?

I think the raise preflop is pretty standard, especially against a slightly aggressive player. The table was loose but not too much more than the average party table, I certainly wasn't expecting all the people to come along like they did.

On the flop, I just don't see my self being best here at all if ever and I was glad to see a 4 card flop. For the turn if there is one caller I'm almost certainly folding but with a decently large pot, and everyone else folding I felt it would be pretty weak laying down my hand here, plus the possibility that the SB might be pushing a big draw here I decided to raise for a free showdown.

River, well hell there goes any showdown down ability that I have, So I throw out a prayer river bet.

Thoughts?

TMFS9
05-16-2005, 02:48 PM
bump, not and interesting hand?

krishanleong
05-16-2005, 02:50 PM
I think it's fine including the river bet. This is one of the few spots a river bluff has any value. FWIW I think you could have the best hand here some small % of the time.

Krishan

TMFS9
05-16-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I think you could have the best hand here some small % of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop or river?

krishanleong
05-16-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I think you could have the best hand here some small % of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop or river?

[/ QUOTE ]

River.

StellarWind
05-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Everyone checked expecting you to bet the flop. That means that SB has no safety at all when he bets the turn first in a 5-way pot. Easy turn fold against a TAG.

After your flop check your hand is pretty obvious. I doubt he puts you on a queen, jack, or overpair. That makes this an easy call with an ace. Probably he also calls with KTs. Against TT, T9, or case 99 this might be a successful bluff.

Overall I do not like the river bluff. If he folded you probably had the best hand against a lower pocket pair. If you had 22 it would be an excellent bet.

TMFS9
05-16-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone checked expecting you to bet the flop. That means that SB has no safety at all when he bets the turn first in a 5-way pot. Easy turn fold against a TAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree, it's strong looking bet from what looks to be a missed flop check raise, but what % of the time do you think he's pushing a strong draw here to build a bigger pot coupled with the times he folds a weak made hand here like JT or something of that sort in what is a relatively large pot now down to headsup?