PDA

View Full Version : Bluff here?

Roy6
05-16-2005, 11:55 AM
I was thinking to bet the flop with the gutshot+backdoor flush draw but then decided to check because CO is not folding with overcards.
The turn gives me a straight+flush draw so I can't fold. Raising is not good I want CO in.

On the river I wanted to raise... But I didn't have the balls

I don't think SB has an 8. He would bet it on the flop and not try to C/R without PFR-er. On the turn he could bet a 4 or a 6 and also a draw. Of course he's not folding a 9 or a straight.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

Isura
05-16-2005, 12:31 PM
I'd raise preflop. Then lead the flop. You should bet the flop anyways IMO. Turn looks okay. I need to know villian is capable of laying down a pair to make a river bluff raise (obviously).

emonrad87
05-16-2005, 12:44 PM
I think it looks okay... I'm nor bluff raising here unless I know SB can fold a pair.

Roy6
05-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Ops, I've never considered raising preflop. Thanks for opening my eyes.

wrto4556
05-16-2005, 01:05 PM
I don't raise that preflop...maybe I should?

I definately bet the flop, though.

7ontheline
05-16-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise preflop. Then lead the flop. You should bet the flop anyways IMO. Turn looks okay. I need to know villian is capable of laying down a pair to make a river bluff raise (obviously).

[/ QUOTE ]

I would also take this line. Since CO only called, I'm assuming he sucks. He's either crappy (likely) or trying to be tricky and slowplay a big PP (unlikely, but you'll hear from him during the hand.) You've got a decent suited ace - you're probably best right now. Any hand that beats you would have raised.

Even if you don't raise preflop, I bet this flop almost everytime. You have a good amount of outs and might get a fold somewhere. So what if overcards stick around? He might fold the turn. He certainly won't go anywhere if you don't force him to make a decision.

krishanleong
05-16-2005, 01:09 PM
I play it the same, including no preflop raise barring reads. Thank god you didn't raise the river. That would have made me eat an endangered species for lunch.

Krishan

Isura
05-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I think a flop gains a lot when someone folds 77,55, A4-K4, 33-22, and the other player folds A9, KT+ on the flop or turn.

Guy McSucker
05-16-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I play it the same, including no preflop raise barring reads

[/ QUOTE ]

I am happy not raising preflop but I really want to bet the flop. Good chance nobody has anything, good chance I have the best hand, good chance I can suck on out to the other side.

Guy.

peachy
05-16-2005, 08:49 PM
pots too small for me to even think about bluffing there...and if hes got it ur throwin away money

i woulda raised preflop bet the flop or riased that turn...but im a tardo