PDA

View Full Version : AA UTG 5 callers

locutus2002
05-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Bugsysclub $50+$5 Mid tournament.
100/200/25

My question is how too play AA in EP when: you have a bunch of callers, the stacks are deep, and the board is dangerous.

Table is not too tight. Stack sizes range from T12,000 to T25,000. The CO has me covered. Hero has T17,000 and is UTG with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Hero opens for T600. MP2 Calls, CO Calls, Button Calls, BB Calls.
Flop: J /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Pot has T3,400. BB checks. Hero bets T3,400, Folded round to CO who raises to T6,800, folded round to Hero??

CO is a tight player, not likely to make a move, and has at least AJ here. Villain probably perceives Hero as capable of opening with two big clubs or AJ+. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chief911
05-16-2005, 11:53 AM
Push. You're going to hell if he has JJ anyhow.

Nick

imported_torgeauxSA
05-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Push. I think your PF raise was slightly small, but you still ended up heads up. Given your description of the opponent, you may well be behind, but this is a hand and situation to commit to.

locutus2002
05-16-2005, 01:16 PM
If I push here he's folding AJ, and QQ. He's only calling KK, 22, 33.
I can't make him for JJ without raising PF.

I decided to call, and push a club, and check/call the rest. Is this too weak?

bruce
05-16-2005, 01:39 PM
When stacks are deep and blinds are small try limping UTG with
pocket Aces. Hopefully somebody will raise and you can define
your hand better. With deep stacks some players will call with what seems like any two cards trying to bust you. If you limp and you don't like the flop then fold. Ain't no law that says you can't fold two Aces.

Bruce

Chief911
05-16-2005, 01:46 PM
Limping UTG with aces. Hmmm. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

imported_torgeauxSA
05-16-2005, 02:02 PM
I hate this answer. Mind you, I'm not saying it's wrong, I just hate it. In my limited experience, you get much more grief letting limpers call your AA than the increased profit. Really, what flop are you looking for versus several limpers? AAx? Sure. Axx rainbow? Yup. Any coordinated board? No. Paired board? No. Just knowing I might face three or four callers makes me uneasy as my probablity of winning plumets.

imported_torgeauxSA
05-16-2005, 02:04 PM
Check calling is giving them free/cheap cards to fill up their hand. Why would you push a club? Just curious, not necessarily disagreeing. This isn't that scary a board, despite his actions, so you may be too passive here.

Pat Southern
05-16-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bugsysclub $50+$5 Mid tournament.
100/200/25

Hero opens for T600. MP2 Calls, CO Calls, Button Calls, BB Calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you raise to 3BBs UTG, and get 3 cold callers? I think I may download Bugsyclub today.

bruce
05-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Your looking to reraise by limping.

You need to be able to fold AA if you catch a lousy flop ie.
678 of hearts and you have black Aces. If you can't fold AA
then don't ever do this. I only do this, and it's only sometimes, when it's early and my 3-4X raise means nothing
and they all come anyway and it's impossible to put them
on a hand. At a table where a raise means something then
I will raise with them.

Bruce

locutus2002
05-16-2005, 04:54 PM
I thought maybe I could convice him I had AK or AQ of clubs if a club turned. I am sure villain is not popping me here with a drawing hand. So he has 2 outs if he's beat, and I have 2 if I'm beat.

ron dogg
05-16-2005, 05:11 PM
Thats as good of a board as you can hope to see for your AA. I push the raiser and if he has a set, i go home. What can you do? I'm sure he has 99-KK, AJ, KJ, flush draw here enough times to make the move correct.

R-

marrek
05-16-2005, 05:23 PM
raising or limping utg depends on the table and your image, unless the table is very tight, i raise.

on the flop i would lead a big amount, but not necessarily the pot. 2,500 should accomplish the same thing as betting 3,400.

I think i'd push on the flop when he raises you, no matter what kind of player he is. If he's loose or aggressive, he could have a wide range of hands, which means you might be beat, but how could you lay it down to someone who could have anything? If he's tight he probably has top pair or QQ, KK. If he's got a set, he shouldn't be rerasing you to push you out.

If you think he might be on a flush draw and want to punish him, flat call and see what the turn brings, if its safe , push, if not, check and re-evaluate.

Marrek

Jax_Grinder
05-16-2005, 06:25 PM
This may have already been addressed, but....

Make a larger raise pf since your EP. Reasons for this are legion, but suffice it to say that you don't want a lot of people seeing the flop and just one caller after you starts to make the odds right for a larger range of hands in LP
( esp. on the blinds).

Board isn't that scary. Most likely, he made top pair and knows he has you covered (though you don't say by how much - an important little detail) so he is probably testing you out thinking maybe AQ/AK. FWIW, I tend to see sets either call and risk the /images/graemlins/club.gif to keep the action going or push to avoid the draw and try and pull you all-in.

However, if he has the set this is just a hand you were going to lose on anyway as he probably calls you pf raise with any pair regardless (though where you are in relation to ITM would alter this somewhat).

locutus2002
05-16-2005, 06:59 PM
I called, and called the rest of my chips on the turn when no club came, blank on river and CO showed me 22.

Thanks for everyone's input.