PDA

View Full Version : Two-outer with a huge pot at a maniac table

turaho
05-16-2005, 11:39 AM
This table was crazy... previous hands had players capping with A6o, cold-calling three bets with 54o, and raising the turn with inside straight draws. A few big pots were dragged down with K high. Interested in your views on flop play...

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG posts a blind of $2.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

<font color="blue">Standard, right?</font>

Flop: (22 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero...

<font color="blue">I have 22-1 odds to spike my set on the turn. I'm getting 13:1 to call here... will implied odds supply the rest? The two preflop raisers are still left to act (I suspected SB was planning to check-raise because he had a bad case of the FPS). I wouldn't have been surprised if the flop ended up being capped. Should I have called two bets?</font>

Chex
05-16-2005, 11:43 AM
My hand is heading straight for the muck, but if its a crazy ass table, I might three bet the flop...lol

wyoak
05-16-2005, 11:44 AM
implied odds would supply the rest if you were closing the betting and if you knew your 7's were clean. however, a 7 might complete a straight draw for someone (not too likely), but would almost always give someone a pretty strong redraw or two. even ignoring all that, having this capped behind you kills your odds. i say fold.

DMBFan23
05-16-2005, 12:28 PM
you have to make 9 Big Bets on the turn and river. getting 13-1 having to call one small bet, this might be possible, even factoring in the times you call, hit, and lose.

however, since you're getting 26-2, and you need 44-2, it makes it a lot harder to make up the difference.

the flop raise kind of wrecks your implied odds, which is part of protecting whatever hand currently probably has you beat