PDA

View Full Version : tight or loose table

Ironman
05-16-2005, 11:22 AM
I actually came across a very tight, timid table last night at UB 1/2. I won, but kept wondering if I should stand up from the table.

I found I could intimidate the players with raises and steal position and blinds.

What would you do?

grandgnu
05-16-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually came across a very tight, timid table last night at UB 1/2. I won, but kept wondering if I should stand up from the table.

I found I could intimidate the players with raises and steal position and blinds.

What would you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd go with a loose table. More likely that you're going to get players with 2nd-4th nut hands (low or high) paying you off.

Granted, multiple steals at a tight table add up, but I don't think they'd reach the level of profit available against a loose table with calling stations/maniacs.

GooperMC
05-16-2005, 12:12 PM
The problem I have always had with the tight tables is that there will usually be 6 rocks and 2 LPPs. The 2 LPPs make it difficult to steal and since there isn't much action pre-flop it is hard to get odds to draw at anything. Also if you make a hand there aren't enough opponents to pay you off.

I have never played at a table with all tight players so I don't really know what I would prefer. All that I know is that playing at a table with 6 rocks and 2 LPP's is asking for a headache.