PDA

View Full Version : so you put your fist through a wall

asofel
05-16-2005, 11:10 AM
hypothetically of course, at your local bar.

What do you do?

jakethebake
05-16-2005, 11:19 AM
How would no one notice some drunk punching the wall?

asofel
05-16-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How would no one notice some drunk punching the wall?

[/ QUOTE ]

there were a lot people around, it wasn't a huge swing...the wall was just weak...hypothetically...

bones
05-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Yeah, this is gonna be close...

asofel
05-16-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is gonna be close...

[/ QUOTE ]

haha...i actually thought it'd be closer than it is. i was expecting at least a few 'man up and pay for it' posts...guess i'm naive...

beerbandit
05-16-2005, 11:40 AM
depends on which bar -- know the owner possibly

how drunk i am

cheers

PokerFink
05-16-2005, 11:41 AM
I'd only own up to it if I frequented the bar a lot or knew the owner personally.

asofel
05-16-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd only own up to it if I frequented the bar a lot or knew the owner personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

i live two blocks away, play on two leagues there, am there 4-5 times a week and dating a waitress working there.

BreakfastBurrito
05-16-2005, 11:49 AM
This is clearly just part of the cost of doing business for the bar owner.

PokerFink
05-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Yeah I would say that qualifies. Own up to it.

JoshuaD
05-16-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i live two blocks away, play on two leagues there, am there 4-5 times a week and dating a waitress working there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Own up.

The Goober
05-16-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately just suck it and offer to pay. If its some kinda drywall or plaster (which I assuming it is, since you said it was "weak") it probably won't cost that much to fix, he might not even bother charging you, and its very likely that *someone* saw you.

asofel
05-16-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately just suck it and offer to pay. If its some kinda drywall or plaster (which I assuming it is, since you said it was "weak") it probably won't cost that much to fix, he might not even bother charging you, and its very likely that *someone* saw you.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, glad some agree with me. I'm going to mention it tonight. Its not a big deal, not worth the [censored] it might cause for the league, and its just the right thing to do...

Wes ManTooth
05-16-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"hypothetically", what is the "hypothetical" name of this bar?

bump
05-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Man up. Someone saw you and he knows already, you will either look like a good man and be in the owners favor for owning up or you will look like a douche when he has the bouncers help you find your checkbook to repay it.

asofel
05-16-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Man up. Someone saw you and he knows already, you will either look like a good man and be in the owners favor for owning up or you will look like a douche when he has the bouncers help you find your checkbook to repay it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm 99% sure the managers don't know, but that doesn't really matter. It had to have been drywall or plaster as someone mentioned, and can't be too much to fix. I think I gotta work on my temper...

Jules22
05-16-2005, 02:31 PM
skate like nancy kerrigan

jakethebake
05-16-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Until he finds out and breaks your knee with a tire iron.

bump
05-16-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Until he finds out and breaks your knee with a tire iron.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

asofel
05-17-2005, 01:14 PM
I talked to one of the managers I'm cool with, and he said "don't worry about it, but thanks for telling me, I appreciate it". Evidently doing the right thing works in your favor sometimes.