PDA

View Full Version : Reraising a blind raise

ACPlayer
12-03-2002, 09:31 AM
10-20 stud, $1 ante, $3 bring-in, 5% rake to max of $4. $1 typical toke.

Temporarily four handed game. Ace second to act raises "blind" without looking at his hand (and announcing the same). You are last to act before the bring-in:

Question: Would you reraise with a live small 3 straight?
Would you call? Would you fold? Does the rake matter?

MRBAA
12-03-2002, 10:13 AM
I'd fold here. Even assuming your three straight is totally live, it just doesn't play well head up against an ace (or any overcards). You're getting less than 2-1 on a bet, even money on a raise. And the only cards that really help you on fourth are your straight cards. I would reraise with a medium pair in this spot.

Andy B
12-03-2002, 11:19 PM
You should be able to get a rake reduction in a short-handed game.

I frequently fold low three-straights for the bring-in, but I have an irrational hatred of straight draws. Well, it's not completely irrational. Anyway, I don't attach all that much significance to the fact that the guy raised without looking. He should raise in that spot nearly every time anyway. He has bet $10 into an $8 pot, and he has you beaten for now. Straights are hard to make, and you're not going to have players to collect from if you hit. If you pair your little cards, it may do you no good. I would wait for a better gambling opportunity.