PDA

View Full Version : Suited connectors

JoshuaD
05-16-2005, 09:19 AM
I think I have some holes in my game when it comes to suited connectors and preflop. Where is everyone playing these from and with what conditions?

I was pretty much following the SSH chart (playing them mid and late in multiway pots, stealing with them sometimes, never cold calling except with the big ones in big multiways), but I'm in the red with alot of them after getting each more than 200 times. JTs, 98s, and 65s are my only green ones. 65s is 10$ in the green. 76s is 120$ in the red.

These stats are over 76000 hands at levels from .50/1 to 3/6, including 1/2 6max.

Sorry to leave it so open-ended, but I don't have a specific question, just trying to get a feel for what everyone else thinks with these hands.

Lonhro
05-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Interesting post, although I think it just has to be sample size - after 100k hands in my database on 2 levels, I am well up on AKs, KQs, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s and 54s yet down a sh*tload with QJs and JTs.

I'd stick with them, position and players to flop is key.

JoshuaD
05-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Ah, I didn't include AK, KQ, or QJ in my query. I'm green with all those as well.

Stack
05-16-2005, 10:02 AM
I took a look at my stats. I pretty much follow SHH as well and over 87000+ hands, I'm in the red with 76s and below.

I'm in the green with all suited connectors from the Btn and one off the Btn, and it looks like most of the losses comes from when I play the smaller ones from the BB and SB. Something to think about. Have you looked at your position stats?

I have to say that my post flop play needs work, so I'm definitely not blaming the SSH guidelines.

wildwood
05-16-2005, 10:06 AM
Article on pg 72 of the May 17, 2005 issue of cardplayer "How Many Clubs Would You Like?" by Daniel Kimberg. An anaylsis of small suited connectors. I have a hardcopy subscription, but you might be able to goto their website and read the article online.