PDA

View Full Version : WSOP rules question

ezratei
05-16-2005, 08:18 AM
I'm playing in 2 of the 1,500 buy-ins and had a question about the rules:

When a player asks you for a chip count what are you obligated to do? Can you just let him look at the chips or is an exact count required? If it is, do you have to count them yourself, or can you just say nothing and have the dealer count them?

thanks

judgesmails
05-16-2005, 09:49 AM
Good question and I am not sure what the rule is. But I always ignore the request and pretend I did not hear it. The other player usually does not really want to know anyway and will not follow through on the request - they are just posturing before folding. If he does ask again, and I ignore him again, the dealer will get impatient and count out my chips for me.

Temp Hutter
05-16-2005, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing in 2 of the 1,500 buy-ins and had a question about the rules:

When a player asks you for a chip count what are you obligated to do? Can you just let him look at the chips or is an exact count required? If it is, do you have to count them yourself, or can you just say nothing and have the dealer count them?

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are asked for a count you do not have to do anything beyond making sure that your chips are in clear view and your large denomination chips are out front. The dealer will help out if needed. It also helps if you stack your chips in consistent increments so people can make an accurate guess without having to ask.

M.B.E.
05-18-2005, 03:35 AM
Temp Hutter is correct.

See rule 51:

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/rules.asp