PDA

View Full Version : is absolute poker any good?

Felipe
05-16-2005, 06:52 AM
I'm playing some raked hands at absolute for a free set of poker chips. Before I play, i'd like to know if the competetion is beatable at 0.50/1.00. Most of the tables are 6 max, someting i'm not used to (but might have to get used to soon if I want the free chips!). Is abosolute poker generally easy?medium?hard?

thanks for all the input!

felipe

solucky
05-16-2005, 08:13 AM
I would say medium. Tighter than Party and more agressive (european time)

k000k
05-16-2005, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would say medium. Tighter than Party and more agressive (european time)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, it's definately not fishy like party, but it's not bad. Bonus takes a long ass time to clear tho,

Soul Daddy
05-16-2005, 08:53 AM
I like it, other than the clunky software and interface. At the lower limit NL tables, most buy in for much less than the max and the play is generally awful. I have had different experiences with limit, however.

Eder
05-16-2005, 10:32 AM
I found if you get more aggressive in late positions it can be better than Party...lot of weak/tight there...will take forever to farm raked hands at .50/6 max though

highlife
05-16-2005, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I found if you get more aggressive in late positions it can be better than Party...lot of weak/tight there...will take forever to farm raked hands at .50/6 max though

[/ QUOTE ]

you should play 1/2 to clear the bonus, it will go ALOT faster. also I agree that there are tons of weak/tight players on Absolute, not so many LAGs. The good thing is that when you find a LAG, its very easy to isolate them. the software sucks though...big time.

MrWookie47
05-16-2005, 10:53 AM
I've found that the short handed players are considerably worse than the full ring players. It's not just ring players who've failed to make adjustments to SH, but the truly bad players seem to wind up only at the 6 max tables. Also, clearing their bonus is slow going at 0.50/1. You may not want to try it until you've moved up to 1/2.

Grinder
05-16-2005, 12:12 PM
I have Made the Bonus $ and $100 winnings on top of that each time trhat i have cleared bonus there. Clearing them @ .50 / 1.00 limit and $25 & $50 No limit tables. Takes a little time but it is possible

Felipe
05-16-2005, 01:12 PM
I found if you get more aggressive in late positions it can be better than Party...lot of weak/tight there

You mean that players at absolute are weaker/tighter than party, right? Any good winning strategies against weak/tights? I would guess:

1) bluff more
2) semi bluff more
3) checkraise bluff more
4) throw marginal hands away
5) raise from LP first in to fold the blinds
6) isolate weak players
7) raise, raise, raise

any thoughts?

solucky
05-16-2005, 02:10 PM
only want say i won 500 first 2 weeks with 0,5/1 and after that (4 month) i loose exactly what i get as bonus. So for any that think Poker is rigged DONT PLAY /images/graemlins/smirk.gif