PDA

View Full Version : A2s on the bubble and re-raised . . .

EasilyFound
05-16-2005, 06:36 AM
$11 SNG. Now I know there are some who are saying, "How can you get re-raised on the bubble because you are supposed to push at that stage." So please tell me what you think of my opening move and the fold.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t985)
BB (t2085)
Hero (t4930)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t700</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t2085 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t2935

zaphod
05-16-2005, 07:53 AM
How can you get re-raised on the bubble because you are supposed to push at that stage.
/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

You don't want to have these problems so you push yourself.

obex
05-16-2005, 07:56 AM
First of all, this is not "the bubble". The bubble is 4-handed, when everyone is trying to make the money.
Second, you have 3200+ in the pot, and about 1400 to call.
If he will make this play with any Ace and any pair, and throw in KQ as well...you are a 3:2 under dog.
If he's tight and only is making this play with say: AA-66, AKs-A6s, AKo-A8o, then you are still only a 2:1 under dog.
The pot odds are there, plus you won't be crippled if you lose. You have to call.
The next question is then this, if you have to call if reraised, why not push from the get go? With a hand like A2s, you are probably happy just to steal the blinds here. You're not looking for action with it, so push.

jgunnip
05-16-2005, 03:34 PM
I would at elast raise 900 here, 700 is barely more than a min-raise. But like others have said, if you have to call a re-raise then pushing is better.

EasilyFound
05-16-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First of all, this is not "the bubble".

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have spaced. Don't know why I thought this was bubble and did not correct it once I made the post.

And I totally forgot to analyze the pot odds after he re-raised. Now the answer is easy. I should have pushed from the start. I was trying to play only against the small stack. But I guess that was just dumb and not the way to approach the situation. Pot odds made it a call, which means I should have pushed from the start.

Sad that I failed to analyze the hand like that. Just sad. But thanks for pointing it out to me.