PDA

View Full Version : Push here?

DasLeben
05-16-2005, 05:35 AM
Seems like this should be a standard push, but do I go up against biggie with small stack hanging on?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1354)
SB (t555)
BB (t1400)
UTG (t4691)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls t200, Hero ??

shejk
05-16-2005, 06:38 AM
Well, does he usually limp mr bigstack? I mean, I can see certain opponents doing that with small pairs almost exclusively, while others are doing it all the time. If you got a read of some kind that he may have a hand other than somewhat better than random I can see this fold. The small stack haven't got any fold equity left, but one double and you're evenish.

So in conclusion, lacking any kind of read, this is a push imo.

Scuba Chuck
05-16-2005, 06:42 AM
I think this might be a good place to just call. I couldn't fault you for folding here either.

lorinda
05-16-2005, 06:43 AM
Just something to consider.

If you call here, you may entice the SB into pushing for value, and then you can happily go up against the Big stack in knowledge that it's very difficult to come fourth.

It would be a very player dependent play however.

Lori

DasLeben
05-16-2005, 07:15 AM
This is the first time biggie has open limped preflop. It certainly caught my attention, since he'd been (correctly) stealing a lot of pots prior to this.

Scuba Chuck
05-16-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It certainly caught my attention

[/ QUOTE ]

Very easy fold then.

EasilyFound
05-16-2005, 07:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the first time biggie has open limped preflop. It certainly caught my attention, since he'd been (correctly) stealing a lot of pots prior to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get a chance to see what he was holding? Just curious to see if your read was confirmed.

DasLeben
05-16-2005, 07:28 AM
Wish I did. The hand didn't see showdown. Unfortunately for me though, the flop was A 6 A (I'd folded preflop). /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

treeofwisdom7
05-16-2005, 07:35 AM
the small stack is small and i would think is gonna take a coin flip in about a hand or two. if you call you will have to push in the next round.. im gonna oversimplify stuff and say if you push now you make 1.8k or a coin flip. if you fold your opp has to take a coin flip. if you call then fold on the flop he will still have to take that coin flip but you will get to see one extra flop and more than 1/3 of the time you will push on the flop seeing a draw or pair. i think a call is just about right and then push if all folds to his BB.. my second choice would be to fold and then push on his BB *with any two cards*

jgunnip
05-16-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were pushing a lot obviously big stack is going to limp with strong hands in hope you will push over the top so he can call.

What if you had AQs, 99, or TT, can we give big stack that much credit and fold these as well? Interesting hand.