PDA

View Full Version : Messages getting buried

Jason Pohl
12-03-2002, 03:08 AM
First of all, I fixed this problem on my browser by changing my personal preferences to view 20 threads on one screen.

However, I think many people will not take the effort. Maybe the default should be moved to a higher number to keep threads from being "buried" so quickly.

--Jason

Ryan_21
12-04-2002, 02:19 PM
This post was at the bottom of the page, the very last thread when I replied.

I think the bump feature is hurting new threads, they are always getting buried and all the older, longer/bigger threads are taking up all the space at the top. I think it is discouraging people from starting new threads, b/c why waste their time when it is going to get:

1. Buried quickly

and

2. Get hardly any replies.

I dont know about this new bump feature guys. All it does is help older threads stay alive and clutter up the screen.

Ryan_21

IrishHand
12-04-2002, 05:10 PM
Others would argue that it's a nice way for uninteresting and unpopular threads to disappear from my sight while those threads which people are genuinely interested in discussing remain easily accessible.

John Cole
12-04-2002, 05:58 PM
I agree; it's a great way to make threads disappear from IrishHand's sight. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

IrishHand
12-04-2002, 08:59 PM
You mean there's another reason?