PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 Blind Defense with JTo

punterman
05-16-2005, 03:19 AM
Mp3 is the type who attempts to steal about half the time the opportunity presents itself. Here he's in the Tommy Angleo Hijack seat. Postflop play is aggressive, especially with position.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Punterman is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Punterman 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Punterman bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Punterman bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Punterman calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Punterman checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Punterman calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Looking for opinions, I'm no expert and I have no strong feelings towards my play. If you have thoughts I want to hear them.

mute
05-16-2005, 07:13 AM
Even if he steals half of the time, there is still a good chance you are behind. Add in the fact that BB is yet to act and you will be OOP postflop makes this a pretty easy fold IMO.

Another problem is that the button knows whether he is stealing or not, and you don't. So if you catch him out of line you won't take nearly as many chips from him, as he will take from you, when you call down with a dominated hand.

I would fold this even if this type of player opened from the button.

pshabi
05-16-2005, 08:34 AM
If you fold this with him opening from the button, what range of hands would you 3-bet to defend against this guy.

I spewed a lot yesterday in situations like this.

flair1239
05-16-2005, 10:22 AM
I would like this line better in a short-handed game.

In a full game I really don't see the point. In general he is probably less likely to be raising light from the hi-jack (ie his hand is probaly a little stronger than the average steal.

JTo has little showdown value. I would have taken a pass here. The steal range I am using here for the PFR is any pp, Axs, A8o and up, and probably any (2) face cards, K7s and up.

I think three betting in this situation is just isolating yourself OOP with a worse hand.

slavic
05-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Your steal hands seems reasonable but they are not 50% of hands. Hero is talking about somebody who opens with 8x and up, now how does JT do?

Does the anti hero really open this light? Who knows, will he do this from the Hijack, well that seems a bit far fetched.