05-16-2005, 01:20 AM
party 22

blinds 200/400

BB 1690
SB 2580
Button 940
Hero utg 2190 w/ QJo

hero?

edit: i should add that i had been pushing pretty liberally as i was at t400 in level 4, but the players were somewhat tight up to this point.

DasLeben
05-16-2005, 01:21 AM
I push and don't think twice. *shrugs*

Nick M
05-16-2005, 01:34 AM
I have to say fold here. It seems weak, but at this level (200/400)I think a lot of people are in a position to gamble. And any gambling hand has you in trouble. I would try and hold off for a K9+ or a like A2+. Plus you're UTG and you need 3 people to fold. On the button you have a better chance of stealing with that kind of hand. IMO

Maulik
05-16-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have to say fold here. It seems weak, but at this level (200/400)I think a lot of people are in a position to gamble. And any gambling hand has you in trouble. I would try and hold off for a K9+ or a like A2+. Plus you're UTG and you need 3 people to fold. On the button you have a better chance of stealing with that kind of hand. IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a similar post, I'm not going to dig it up. but when you're pushing often and liberally, you're are making this push less +EV. by pushing too often you'll get peeople calling with junk and you're on the bubble.

something to consider when you push often.

Nick M
05-16-2005, 01:53 AM
its soooo funny you said that. I played about 40 SNGs between Thurs and Sat. I have been pushing A LOT of hands. Sometimes 3 or 4 times a round when the blinds are 100/200. Towards the bubble people were starting to call me with like Ax and KQ and 22. I took a nasty hit to my ROI and it made me change my style today. Selective aggression. I reviewed my pushing and altered it. 16 today and I'm back in business.

Maulik
05-16-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
its soooo funny you said that. I played about 40 SNGs between Thurs and Sat. I have been pushing A LOT of hands. Sometimes 3 or 4 times a round when the blinds are 100/200. Towards the bubble people were starting to call me with like Ax and KQ and 22. I took a nasty hit to my ROI and it made me change my style today. Selective aggression. I reviewed my pushing and altered it. 16 today and I'm back in business.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, selective! i couldn't agree more. I'm working on 1000 SNGs and choosing your players wisely isimportant.

The Yugoslavian
05-16-2005, 01:56 AM
Push.

I don't care how often you've been pushing here, btw...

The short stack will fold b/c he wants the other two to call...the other two will fold b/c they don't wan to jepordize their tourney with a short stack about to be creamed by the blinds.

Yugoslav
Who is liable to push a lot worse than QJo here, btw.

Nick M
05-16-2005, 02:00 AM
Do you keep a list of players to stay away from??? I was thinking about making a sorta cheat sheet with good players I meet along the way. Keep it taped to my monitor, what do you think?

johnnybeef
05-16-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Push.

The short stack will fold b/c he wants the other two to call...the other two will fold b/c they don't wan to jepordize their tourney with a short stack about to be creamed by the blinds.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

whats the worst hand you push here?

Nick M
05-16-2005, 02:11 AM
ahhhhhhhh yessssss yugo's secret...tell us all you only push AA now buddy ahahahaha. I got you now!!!

ilya
05-16-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude you'd much rather push QJo than trash like A2.

I push here.

ilya
05-16-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Push.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well really you should be asking me, since I dominated Yugo HU 85-0 just the other week. I would push, like, 86+, 64s+...I mean, not all the hands that beat those hands hot&cold, but all the ones that are either light on the gaps or contain picture cards.

The Yugoslavian
05-16-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Push.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This depends a lot on the texture of the game. Like I said though, QJo is plenty good here. Look at what Ilya said about what he'd push. I'd be pushing quite a few hands unless I was pretty damn sure those big stacks were *complete* morons and ready to call off most/all of their chips with very poor hands.

Yugoslav