PDA

View Full Version : aggressive with flush draw, back into trips

einbert
05-16-2005, 12:48 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

ArturiusX
05-16-2005, 01:11 AM
Were you planning on checking/calling the turn UI?

droolie
05-16-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? It look to me like he's pulling the HU rip the pot away move as a semi-bluff. You follow the flop c/r with a turn bet. It's a bit risky with that much paint on the board vs a pf raise but I guess like it. I wouldn't have done it but it's cool.

aK13
05-16-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? It look to me like he's pulling the HU rip the pot away move as a semi-bluff. You follow the flop c/r with a turn bet. It's a bit risky with that much paint on the board vs a pf raise but I guess like it. I wouldn't have done it but it's cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this all the time if I'm blind defending. If raised, I drop it and give him credit, assuming I didn't pick up the flush draw.

einbert
05-16-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning on betting in an attempt to take the pot down.

Maurader1
05-16-2005, 01:39 AM
if you are called on the turn, and still ui by the river, do you check/fold? This happens to me quite a bit...but by checking the river, my opponent might be autobetting, I'm not sure

einbert
05-16-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you are called on the turn, and still ui by the river, do you check/fold? This happens to me quite a bit...but by checking the river, my opponent might be autobetting, I'm not sure

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not sure what I would have done in this scenario. It is very possible that my opponent has AK and will fold to m bet, but I'm not sure if it is likely enough to justify a river bet.

With only king high I would either be check/folding or betting.

Entity
05-16-2005, 01:57 AM
Standard. I'm betting the river with just a pair of 8's as well, FWIW.

Rob