PDA

View Full Version : I know you guys hate slowplaying...but please?

imported_smoove
05-16-2005, 12:01 AM
<font color="blue">I don't know much about these guys yet, except that CO's stack is down to $5 and he might be getting a little desperate. I know this just looks terrible checking every street, but I just didn't want to blow anybody out of there.</font>

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP folds.

Turn: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (10 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

<font color="blue">With the spade, I was relatively confident I could get away with one more check.</font>

Final Pot: 16 BB

topspin
05-16-2005, 12:04 AM
Um, if you think CO is going to stack off, then why aren't you betting every street? Between the two of you, you have the entire field trapped.

You seem to be checking in the hopes that someone with a flush will hit, but you're overlooking the fact that any flush draw will happily call down a ton of bets this whole hand.

imported_smoove
05-16-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You seem to be checking in the hopes that someone with a flush will hit, but you're overlooking the fact that any flush draw will happily call down a ton of bets this whole hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You right, you right.

droolie
05-16-2005, 12:11 AM
Raise pf.
Bet the flop. Ram it jam it call it sally.

This happened to me earlier tonight....THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT!

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

topspin
05-16-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean 3-bet? Personally I think a cold-call is fine here; I'm not fond of blowing away the field with this hand OOP.

imported_smoove
05-16-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I should have expected this after just reading your 52k instructional post. I know I didn't do this right. It's just always so tempting....

ArturiusX
05-16-2005, 12:13 AM
What the hell, this is .50/1, people will call a single bet. Just bet, maybe think about calling 1 raise on the flop, then go mental on the turn.

DMBFan23
05-16-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I should have expected this after just reading your 52k instructional post. I know I didn't do this right. It's just always so tempting....

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your PF play just fine. but, I think you should bet the turn if you c/call the flop.

bottomset
05-16-2005, 05:20 AM
after preflop this hand is ugly

read? or reread the SSHE, and TOP sections on slowplaying

Shillx
05-16-2005, 05:22 AM
Bet the flop. Call a raise if there is one (from the CO) and then lead out on 4th street. C'mon meow.

Brad

imported_smoove
05-16-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
read? or reread the SSHE, and TOP sections on slowplaying

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch. Ok, I'll reread. I knew you guys wouldn't let me get away with this. That's why I posted it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

TomBrooks
05-16-2005, 10:14 AM
FLOP: I like the way you played it as I think betting into this flop after CO raised preflop would be too likely to fold almost everyone; the CO, who is now last to act, is likely to bet this for you (as he did.)

TURN: I'd bet here as I don't know if I can count on the CO to bet for me again, and I'd take my chances on not knocking too many people out.

RIVER: I would have bet out here.

Fantam
05-16-2005, 10:29 AM
I might have bet the turn, not willing to take the risk of the hand being checked all round.

But the way you played the hand seemed to work out perfectly.

btspider
05-16-2005, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop. Call a raise if there is one (from the CO) and then lead out on 4th street. C'mon meow.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm glad i wasn't going to have to be the first one to say this.

TomBrooks
05-16-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TURN: I'd bet here as I don't know if I can count on the CO to bet for me again, and I'd take my chances on not knocking too many people out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Plus, if you check-raise the CO bets, you're more likely to knock some people out. If you bet out, there's a chance the CO will raise which would be nice.

gopnik
05-16-2005, 01:09 PM
No, it's bad. Raise the turn, bet the river.