PDA

View Full Version : Slowplayed huge draw

KeysrSoze
05-15-2005, 11:51 PM
I was looking through pokertracker and saw this hand from a month back, and have mixed feelings about it.
Sorry, converter didn't work with this

Texas Hold'em $0.25-$0.50 (real money), hand #826,605,739
Table Bonn, 16 Apr 2005 11:19 PM ET

Seat 1: dwatt77
Seat 2: kyle91_98
Seat 3: jezabelx
Seat 4: Niniansp
Seat 6: KeysrSoze [ 10D,AD ]
Seat 7: smokingmole
Seat 8: Simonsaysbet
Seat 9: Truesdell
Seat 10: weisguy0831
ANTES/BLINDS
kyle91_98 posts blind ($0.10), jezabelx posts blind ($0.25).

PRE-FLOP
Niniansp folds, KeysrSoze calls $0.25, smokingmole folds, Simonsaysbet calls $0.25, Truesdell folds, weisguy0831 folds, dwatt77 calls $0.25, kyle91_98 calls $0.15, jezabelx checks.

FLOP [board cards 6D,QD,KS ]
kyle91_98 checks, jezabelx bets $0.25, KeysrSoze calls $0.25, Simonsaysbet calls $0.25, dwatt77 calls $0.25, kyle91_98 folds.

TURN [board cards 6D,QD,KS,3D ]
jezabelx bets $0.50, KeysrSoze calls $0.50, Simonsaysbet calls $0.50, dwatt77 folds.

RIVER [board cards 6D,QD,KS,3D,6S ]
jezabelx checks, KeysrSoze bets $0.50, Simonsaysbet folds, jezabelx calls $0.50.

SHOWDOWN
KeysrSoze shows [ 10D,AD ]
jezabelx mucks cards
KeysrSoze wins $4.55.

SUMMARY
Dealer: dwatt77
Pot: $4.75 | Rake: $0.20
dwatt77 loses $0.50
kyle91_98 loses $0.25
jezabelx loses $1.50
Niniansp loses $0
KeysrSoze bets $1.50, collects $4.55, net $3.05
smokingmole loses $0
Simonsaysbet loses $1

The person to my right betting is LA/P, everyone else is LP/P, using bisonbison's player autorate stats.

I think raising instead of calling ATs EP in a loose game.

I think the flop call is OK, pot is small (wouldn't be if I raised pf though /images/graemlins/frown.gif), I definately don't want to shut people down or make them fold with so many outs and so many cards that could give them a hand but give me the nuts, I'm not protecting ace high because jezebelx is so passive postflop I'm sure s/he has a Q at the very least and I'll never fold another ace I cant beat on a board like this (maybe A6 one out of ten, but thats pushing it).

On the turn I guess I wanted overcalls. Facing the field with 2 cold looks like I knock both of them out here and make the very passive bettor (seeing the 3 flush) turtle up on the river (did anyway when the board paired though). I think I made an extra BB by not raising, but that thinking seems results oriented. Sometimes they'll have a hand or draw worth calling 2 or even raising, or just make a bad call, more often than they'll hit on the river? I'm thinking raise.

SoftcoreRevolt
05-15-2005, 11:56 PM
Raise preflop, raise the turn.

olavfo
05-16-2005, 12:05 AM
As you say, a raise preflop is fine in a loose game. Then pump the flush draw on the flop. Bet/raise/reraise as you see fit.

Don't be too concerned about losing customers. With a 2-flush, a king and a queen on board, your opponents will find plenty to call for. Remember, they want to call you and see the turn card.

Also, if you slowplay your flush draw on the flop and spring to life when the 3rd diamond falls on the turn, your hand is pretty obvious. In my experience, typical opponents are less afraid of my flush when I've been the aggressor both preflop and on the flop. It's as if they automatically put me on top pair and choose to ignore the flush. So play the flop aggressively and continue on the turn.

Playing strong draws in a straightforward, non-deceptive manner is often the best plan at the micro limit level.

olavfo