PDA

View Full Version : Well I can't play 4 tables

winky51
05-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Been playing 2 tables of NL $100 making around $75 an hour.

Today I was up $200 playing 2 tables and had to do errands.

Came back and tried 4 tables to promptly lose the $200 and break even.

Not taking advantage enough, which opened people up to bluff at me. Played too tighter and didnt have the time tio think things through. Also never got action for my good hands because I played fewer hands so people always thought I had it when I did. Couldnt plan good bluffs.

So back to 2 tables. Where I can use my people powers.

theredpill5
05-16-2005, 06:05 AM
How do you plan good bluffs ? I'd really like to know. I never bluff and really don't know how.

jkkkk
05-16-2005, 07:49 AM
simply identify the weak-tights and make a continuation bet on the flop in a pre-flop raised pot, they will fold more times than not.

Verdi
05-16-2005, 08:05 AM
A continuation bet is not always a bluff the way I see it.

If I have AK, raise 5-6BB, and the flop comes 8 6 2 or something and I make a pot sized bet I might actually still have the best hand unless villain has a pocket pair or Axs something and caught a low pair. But even then he can't know that his low pair is good enough and I can still catch my TPTK on the turn if he calls.

jkkkk
05-16-2005, 08:07 AM
well yes sometimes it is a semi-bluff, either way i'm quite happy to take the pot down right then and there.

meow_meow
05-16-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Been playing 2 tables of NL $100 making around $75 an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

That works out to about 26 PTBB/100, which is awfully, awfully large.
Looks like running good to me.

winky51
05-16-2005, 07:03 PM
26 BB per 100: Its been really good actually getting AA 1:100 hands. BUT if I removed all my AA, KK, QQ I would still be ahead quite a bit.

Bluffing: Yes I do the continuation bets on raised pots but I also do other bets. If I feel my opponents have nothing I will bet with nothing to pick up the pot. But that depends on my position and the players. Calling stations or not. The well planned bluff is when The flop comes with a draw and I just change my hand to cards that can fit the draw. I also try to do it with a pair already. I count the draw outs and my outs together for pot odds. So to the opponent is seems I am chasing. Then on the river I bet or raise that "suspicious amount" to the other player getting my odds as if I was on a draw. I have only done it twice and both times were successful. But you have to really have to have your opponent's hand down correctly and know he is the kind that would fold for this play to work. The last type of bluff I make is a bet on a draw. I call it a pre-emtive bet by giving me odds for the draw if they call like about 40% of the pot. Once in a while I will bet 2/3 of the pot because I feel everyone missed and I can just win outright.

I raise a lot. A lot of times I raise to minimalize my loses and find out where I am. I find that people bluff less when I am this aggressive even if they catch me.

The day I played 4 tables I was bluffed at folded to and just kept losing. I made one stupid call but hey, who doesnt.

I always take my time and think of what my opponent has, how to lose the least and win the most. 4 tables I can't do this as well.