PDA

View Full Version : KQs

pk Wools
05-15-2005, 09:50 PM
When do you raise with a hand like this?

and if you limp EP, how big a raise warrants a fold

NYCNative
05-15-2005, 10:25 PM
I will raise it with position if everyone limped thus far.
I will usually limp and hope to see a flop otherwise.
I will not go crazy with this hand if I hit top pair I will proceed with caution. I want two pairs or a good draw to the straight and/or flush (ideally with the Ace on the table).

I win with this hand a lot more than I do many pocket pairs.

amoeba
05-15-2005, 10:27 PM
depends on if its fullring or 6max.

I fold this in ep in fullring.

BlackjackAJ
05-15-2005, 11:37 PM
I don't understand why you wou this hand in EP... seems way too passive to me. Limping, and playing this hand in a multi-way pot seems the best strategy to me.

TheWorstPlayer
05-16-2005, 12:44 AM
I think it's one of those borderline hands where it is really going to depend on the character of the table, your table image, and your skill at playing postflop. I don't think raise, limp, or fold is very wrong in EP. I don't think raise or limp is very wrong in LP. I wouldn't recommend calling too many raises with it, though, unless you knew the raiser was raising light and you had a good read on his postflop play.

-Skeme-
05-16-2005, 03:53 AM
I'm not calling a raise with it.

pk Wools
05-16-2005, 05:02 AM
would you recommend playing AJs in a similar fashion as KQs?

TheWorstPlayer
05-16-2005, 05:26 AM
KQs makes more straights. AJs makes nut flushes. In general, I play them the same (raise first in, raise loose limpers in late position, don't call raises, play carefully with one pair).

creedofhubris
05-16-2005, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
KQs makes more straights. AJs makes nut flushes. In general, I play them the same (raise first in, raise loose limpers in late position, don't call raises, play carefully with one pair).

[/ QUOTE ]

These hands play pretty well in a multiway raised pot, but you're usually going to need better than one pair to win.

PinkSteel
05-16-2005, 08:51 AM
The only raise I call with KQs is a minraise when I have position on the raiser, and preferably limpers prior to the raiser. If the raiser thinks he has something pf, and I hit the flop, it can get lucrative.

But without the position, you can get killed. I won't call any raise OOP and I won't call any real raise (4xBB+) period.