PDA

View Full Version : Weird hand

ArturiusX
05-15-2005, 08:29 PM
No reads, just sat down

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

emonrad87
05-15-2005, 08:33 PM
I think the flop bet is pretty bad. With a field of three opponents and a draw-heavy board like that, you aren't gonna win the pot with the bet. And then after you didnt lose any of them on the flop, the turn bet is real bad.

ArturiusX
05-15-2005, 08:37 PM
I've still got a draw and 2 overs, no one seems to like the pot, do you think getting the pot heads up with a bet is optimistic (on both the flop and river).

sy_or_bust
05-15-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the flop bet is pretty bad. With a field of three opponents and a draw-heavy board like that, you aren't gonna win the pot with the bet. And then after you didnt lose any of them on the flop, the turn bet is real bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Not betting is terrible. You aren't expecting to narrow the field every time. The main purpose of this bet is to retain the free card option on the turn when you don't improve. Which is why I hate betting the 2h, which is essentially a nightmare card. I'm not sure I call the turn without a good read; UTG could be making a bluff (it's a good spot), but most players won't make that and CO called 2 cold...