PDA

View Full Version : Hand converter question

greenage
05-15-2005, 07:03 PM
First of all, one of these days (soon) I’m going to make the test version (that shows pot sizes) the regular version. I think that’s a nice feature and want to see how well the code holds up.

If anyone has tried it and found problems, please let me know. If you want to play with it, it is the second link in my profile.

I was thinking about adding a “dead card” feature. Would anyone like this feature? If so, where do you want to see the dead cards?

bholdr
05-15-2005, 07:13 PM
i'd like to have the option of listing the dead cards, but it's instructive for me to follow the play of the hand as i read it and try to remember the dead cards myself... it's one way that i'm trying to build up that short term memory...

greenage
05-15-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'd like to have the option of listing the dead cards, but it's instructive for me to follow the play of the hand as i read it and try to remember the dead cards myself... it's one way that i'm trying to build up that short term memory...

[/ QUOTE ]
I can certainly understand that and it would definitely be an option, not something forced into the hand.

I could even put the dead cards in white. I think it would be an easy addition and helpful for anyone wanting to run two-dimes on a hand.

Aicirt
05-15-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I could even put the dead cards in white.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like this idea. At first I didnt think that it would be that great because its nice to analyze the hand exactly how the hero analyzed it, however listing them in white would still allow you to do this and get further in depth analysis from two dimes like you said.

That would be a nice addition.

Aicirt

beta1607
05-15-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I could even put the dead cards in white. I think it would be an easy addition and helpful for anyone wanting to run two-dimes on a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea.

bholdr
05-15-2005, 08:29 PM
having the dead cards in white seems like a good compromise.

thanks again for the converter, greenage, i think it's improved the stud forum a lot. props.

jon_1van
05-15-2005, 08:33 PM
If you add an "x" to both of the "xx"'s that represent unknown cards the cards will align better

greenage
05-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Here are two samples of displayed dead cards. The first shows them after the action on each street. The second shows them on the same line as the street name.

Comments on Hero's play are not necessary. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sample 1:

7 Card Stud High ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in
Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
<font color="white"> Dead cards: 7h 9c Qc </font>

4th Street - (3.30 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
<font color="white"> Dead cards: 7h 9c Qc 7c 5c Ac 5d </font>

5th Street - (3.15 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
<font color="white"> Dead cards: 7h 9c Qc 7c 5c Ac 5d Jc 8c Td </font>

6th Street - (5.15 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
<font color="white"> Dead cards: 7h 9c Qc 7c 5c Ac 5d Jc 8c Td </font>

River - (7.15 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

Total pot: (7.15 BB)

Sample 2:

7 Card Stud High ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in
Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

4th Street - (3.30 SB) <font color="white"> Dead cards: 7h 9c Qc </font>

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds

5th Street - (3.15 BB) <font color="white"> Dead cards: 7h 9c Qc 7c 5c Ac 5d </font>

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds

6th Street - (5.15 BB) <font color="white"> Dead cards: 7h 9c Qc 7c 5c Ac 5d Jc 8c Td </font>

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

River - (7.15 BB) <font color="white"> Dead cards: 7h 9c Qc 7c 5c Ac 5d Jc 8c Td </font>

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

Total pot: (7.15 BB)

count1
05-16-2005, 08:56 PM
This is a great addition to a fine program. Thanks Greenage.

Aicirt
05-16-2005, 09:47 PM
I think I like the first one better.

Cool stuff youre doing, Greenage. Keep it up.

Aicirt

greenage
05-16-2005, 10:14 PM
No prob, helps me too.

greenage
05-16-2005, 10:18 PM
I like the first one better as well. Putting the dead cards on the same line as the street id makes the line too long.