PDA

View Full Version : 5/5 game. How can i play this better?

ImJWish
05-15-2005, 06:31 PM
8 handed, 2/5 at All-in in New York, Hero has about 800, Villian has a littlem ore than 600. Loose-game, lot of limping and everyone plays poorly especially after the flop. Hero limps with KJc UTG, 4 callers, SB completes, Villain checks.
Flop: J43, 1 club. Villian bets 30. Should i raise, call, or fold? Villain may not bet out top pair in this multiway pot unless he has a good kicker to go along with it. Id say 60 percent of the time he has two pair or better. I elected to call and take a card here because I felt of the 40 percent of the time he has top pair, and I could improve and stack him off later and easily let go of this hand without improvement at the turn.

Turn: J, no two-flush. Villain bets 60. I call.

River: 7. Villai bets 220. I fold.

Should I play the flop differently? My friend suggested that I raise the flop with the intention of checking the turn and showing it down cheap at the river. I feel its close between all three choices, but I feel that my choice to call was the worst. How would you go about this hand differently and why?

AZK
05-15-2005, 09:30 PM
What exactly are you afraid of here, AJ?

ImJWish
05-15-2005, 09:36 PM
I was more afraid of 3s or 4s full than a higher J. I felt like I was definately beat at the river based on the fact he wouldnt bet a bad jack on the flop 6 handed in early positon that strongly and that bet on the river was a little too excited. I feel I am beat here maybe 70-80 percent of the time by this player.

BobboFitos
05-16-2005, 01:34 AM
He cant have KJ/QJ/JT here enough??

I hate the line of calling the turn and folding the river...

If you think he wouldn't bet the flop with KJ or worse then folding flop is best.

I think villain could have a bunch of hands though and i think I'd pay off the river.

edit: or a bluff (43?) of course, but leading into that many is fairly unlikely...
re edit: bluffing into that many*

freemoney
05-16-2005, 02:29 AM
if you are gonna play like such a vag fold the flop.

Big_Jim
05-16-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero limps with KJc UTG,

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold PF.

ImJWish
05-16-2005, 10:59 AM
well, i think folding preflop isnt such a great idea because these guys were calling down with so many bad hands and i would more likely stack them than me. but after reading freemoney's post, i feel like i probably should have folded since I was more than sure I was beat at the flop. But, one bad call led to another and i was lucky to get away from it at the end.

He flashed 44 to the table after I folded.

Mark1808
05-16-2005, 12:57 PM
I would like a $50 raise on the flop to find out where you are at. With 44 he probably would call and lead out on the turn which would have given you a tough decision with the second Jack hitting. You probably got away from that hand as cheaply as possible. I'm am not a fan of KJ but with 5 loose limpers I would see a flop too.

arod15
05-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Your two pair was prob good. I played there many of times to comp is really soft they dont know what strong is.

RobbyD
05-16-2005, 01:45 PM
I like raising the flop to see where you are at. Also if you have the best hand you need to protect it. If he plays back you can safely and confidently get away from the hand.