PDA

View Full Version : Beating myself up for a stupid laydown.

fl0w
05-15-2005, 05:52 PM
It's still pretty early, villain has been playing very agressive and somewhat loose and accumulated a big stack.
Player between us is a no-show, he's sitting out so ignore him.

I just made a comeback from about t1800.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 (t3280)
MP2 (t3575)
MP3 (t1242)
CO (t6665)
Button (t1555)
Hero (t4625)
BB (t3580)
UTG (t5260)
UTG+1 (t5468)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Final Pot: t825

I'm thinking this could've been a steal with ANY hand since he was practically on the button. I had been playing pretty conservative.
I didn't want to loose my new stack so I laid it down.
In retrospect, I think I should've pushed. I'm favorite to a lot of hands, and he might lay down since he only got me covered by 2k. What do YOU think?

Lloyd
05-15-2005, 06:08 PM
You absolutely cannot fold this hand - period. You most likely have the best hand and would prefer to win it pre-flop versus playing the flop out of position. At the same time I don't think you need to push. You can make a normal raise to around T1400.

LotsOfOuts69
05-15-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You absolutely cannot fold this hand - period. You most likely have the best hand and would prefer to win it pre-flop versus playing the flop out of position. At the same time I don't think you need to push. You can make a normal raise to around T1400.

[/ QUOTE ]
That way when the raiser calls you have 155 behind OoP to bluff him if you miss

invisibleleadsoup
05-16-2005, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

addition and subtraction are not your strong points i take it

DVC Calif
05-16-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is SB (not Button who is not involved in this hand). Hero would have t3150 and can make a pot sized push on the flop.

05-16-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is SB (not Button who is not involved in this hand). Hero would have t3150 and can make a pot sized push on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but if you make it 1400, original raiser would only have 150 left after calling...

schwza
05-16-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but if you make it 1400, original raiser would only have 150 left after calling...

[/ QUOTE ]

the button with 1550 is not involved in this hand. it's the CO and the SB.

this is a really bad fold against an unknown, and a horrible one against a known aggro.

my "standard" reraise here would be to ~1.8k. it'd be a tough choice if villain then pushed though.

imported_torgeauxSA
05-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Re-raise, not push, definitely don't fold given your read of the player and his position. I hate AQ, even suited, so I feel your pain, but this is a premium hand, you're heads up, and likely way ahead. Re-raise, and consider calling if he pushes.

bruce
05-16-2005, 12:51 PM
You will never win a tournament if you can't push in this spot.
There is absolutely no way you can call and if you reraise you
are pot comitted so pushing is clearly the best play.

Bruce

schwza
05-16-2005, 12:56 PM
i don't think calling and check-raising any flop is bad.

bruce
05-16-2005, 12:59 PM
If you're going to call to his reraise than why not push to start with? You maximize your chances of winning the pot without seeing a flop by pushing. If you fold if he pushes than reraising has it's merits, although I don't see how folding can be correct.

Bruce

05-16-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the button with 1550 is not involved in this hand. it's the CO and the SB.

this is a really bad fold against an unknown, and a horrible one against a known aggro.

my "standard" reraise here would be to ~1.8k. it'd be a tough choice if villain then pushed though.

[/ QUOTE ]

K, I'm now officially dumb. I'm blaming it on the UPS guy who woke me up at the ridiculous hour of 10:30

schwza
05-16-2005, 01:04 PM
if you think villain is the type to reraise all-in with AJ but fold if you reraise all-in, then it'd better to reraise. or (for example), if you think he'll call with a medium pair but then fold to your flop push when overs come.