PDA

View Full Version : in holdem if you flop and open ender

WSOPwinner10
05-15-2005, 04:29 PM
what are the odds you hit?

what about a flush draw?

closer2313
05-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Open Ended Straight Draw is 31.45% to win after the flop.
FLush draw is 34.97% to win after the flop.

henington
05-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Dear closer,
I'm new to the game and was told that this site is a good one to learn things at. I was wondering, why is a flush ranked higher than a straight if it's easier to hit the flush with the 34.97%?

BruceZ
05-15-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dear closer,
I'm new to the game and was told that this site is a good one to learn things at. I was wondering, why is a flush ranked higher than a straight if it's easier to hit the flush with the 34.97%?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. It is not only easier to complete a 4-flush than a 4-straight, it is also easier to flop a 4-flush than an open-ended straight draw with any suited cards. The reason the flush is ranked higher is because there are fewer of them that can be made in 5 cards or 7 cards. Remember, you can complete a straight from a gut shot as well as from 3 to a straight. There are also 4 times as many unsuited connectors as suited connectors, and these can flop straight draws easier than they can flush draws.

JoshuaD
05-16-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dear closer,

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's harder to hit a 4-flush than it is to hit a 4-straight. (including gutshots)

It's just that once you're already 4/5th's of the way there, the flush is easier to finish up.