PDA

View Full Version : Stars $15+1 turbos

JKetzer
05-15-2005, 03:42 PM
I was doing okay at the 11's at Party and I'm playing the Stars 16's now to work on deposit bonuses -- and I'm getting reamed. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I don't see much of a difference between the players, really, except there's a good bit more weak-tightness and less completely insane betting. Has anyone else played both of them and noticed any great increase in difficulty, or am I just getting the short end of the luck stick?

Sample size is tiny so I won't even say how big it is. I'm just asking if anyone else has noticed this phenomenon or if it's just the brain creating patterns where none exist.

Karak567
05-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Variance, maybe?

J-Lo
05-15-2005, 04:05 PM
The stars $15+1's is where i got my start in SNG's. Variance is very possible, hell i made $1,000 in a week playing 15 SNG's/day at the $15+1's. The key is playing a more finesse game. You cannot push like a mad man til the blinds are 200-400 w/ ante. That's a long time to wait. Pushign at 100-200 range is okay, just don't go overboard with it like u can at party. I never played the party $11 very long, so i cannot comment on those. But i have played 1000 22's and those aren't much different than the stars $15+1's. Min raising or 3x BB raises and playing postflop is pretty important in those turbo tourneys at stars because of the slightly deeper stacks. Clock management is there too, people find it to be "cheap/angle shooting/cheatin" but if you can avoid a blind, take a lower blind, give the other short stack a bigger blind by all means do so-- again don't go overboard with this and turn this into the speed MTT tourneys.