PDA

View Full Version : First hand, calling all in with QQ

jacks321
05-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Party $50+5, first hand. I get QQ on the button. One limper in middle position. I raise to 125, BB goes all in, limper calls. If I assume these are typical loose party players and put them on a range of 77+, AK, AQ, that puts me at about 43% to triple up on the first hand. Is the risk worth the reward here? Also, I think this is a reasonable range to put the BB on, but should I narrow it for the caller?

Results in white if anyone's curious:
<font color="white">Limper had AA, BB had 99, the pocket 9s won </font>

Karak567
05-15-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party $50+5, first hand. I get QQ on the button. One limper in middle position. I raise to 125, BB goes all in, limper calls. If I assume these are typical loose party players and put them on a range of 77+, AK, AQ, that puts me at about 43% to triple up on the first hand. Is the risk worth the reward here? Also, I think this is a reasonable range to put the BB on, but should I narrow it for the caller?

Results in white if anyone's curious:
<font color="white">Limper had AA, BB had 99, the pocket 9s won </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I insta-call this at the 22s.

At a 55? I don't know, not qualified to give advice there.

jacks321
05-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Yeah, and that's part of my issue. I've been moving up the 1 table tournament stakes fairly quickly - my bankroll has been helped dramatically lately by a good mtt cash, ring games and a good run in the SNGs. I want to start playing the 55s regulary and stick there for quite a while, and i'm still adjusting to the players there. Overall it doesn't seem that different from the other levels, there are more decent players at the table. There are more decent players at the 55s but there's still enough fish to make up for it.