PDA

View Full Version : Taking Notes in Sit&Go?

Atropos
05-15-2005, 02:55 PM
Hey folks,
Most of the time I dont have very good reads on my opponents based on experience - I most of the time act intuitively, sometimes it works. Do you have an easy system for taking notes when 4-tabling or more? What do you try to note down? Because a tight player in the first 3 levels could easily be a good bubble player without tight pushing standards.

It seems most of the good "betsize-tells" dont work anymore once one gets to 50/100 because betting into any check can be suicide. Is taking notes worth it at all?

Maulik
05-15-2005, 03:02 PM
during the bubble, its good to know if they are pushing too many hands so you can adjust your calling strategies.

when i see someone playing J7s I'll be sure to bet harder to them early in a tourney, etc

Atropos
05-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Yeah sure, but how do you note it down? If you write "pushes too many hands in level 4" thats already 32 of the 205 spaces allowed in the party notes box + it takes too much time. Something like this (http://teamfu.freeshell.org/player_notes.html)
for nl sit&go would be cool.

shejk
05-15-2005, 03:26 PM
lol you sure have time to write down 32 letters. I like to write down specific plays. Notes often say things like "limp T5s utg lvl1".

Blarg
05-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Because the levels make all the difference in making useful comments about someone's play, I always note the level when making notes.

For instance, if a guy defends his blinds for a pretty big bet with A-8 offsuit, I probably won't make any note at all about it in the 7th or 8th level of a SNG, but if he does it in the second or third level, when his stack is adequate, I might write something like:

BLIND HAPPY
calls off 1/3 of a decent stack in SNG3 w/just A8o

If I get multiple confirmations of that behavior, I'll note that too.

BLIND HAPPY
again w/K9o in SNG4, u nnecessarily

If I get enough info, I consolidate it for quick readability and note it confirmed.

BLIND HAPPY
again w/K9o in SNG4, u nnecessarily
now again in SNG5 w/QTo, totally pointless

becomes something like

BLIND HAPPY even early
defends weak aces/BW for big bucks

Where BW stands for broadway cards(faces). The context makes it clear that it's not defending with aces and broadway cards that's peculiar, but when and how and for how much.

I rarely get multiple confirmations of a guy's play in a single SNG, and rarely see the same guy twice, so it can take a while to get really confirmed notes. So I think of my notes as describing tendencies much more than having nailed down someone's play perfectly. Unless it's a completely nutty noob move -- those can stand our really glaringly, and tell me a lot about the whole player at once.