PDA

View Full Version : Chip Spewing when Unimproved on the Turn?

x2ski
05-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Hey All,

Below are six AKo hands with which I was unimproved on the turn. Wondering what y'all think of my play.

I'm not sure if reads are super-important in these situations, but if they are, let me know and I'll post them.

Thanks

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (3.66 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Luv2DriveTT
05-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Hand #1: Depends on who UTG is. If he is a tight player, then his pre-flop raise makes me check the turn, if he is a loose agressive player then I bet here every time.

Hand #2: Fine

Hand #3: Great

Hand #4: I check against an agressive player who might bluff check-raise the turn when a scare card shows. Non-related note, the converter incorrectly listed this as 3 players.

Hand #5: Hero checks. No point betting into the turn against 2 players. Hero can call a villains bet if the pot odds are laying better than 6:1

Hand # 6: I like it. I will however use consideration to check if the BB is a semi-tight player who will only complete the BB with suited hands greater than T or better (ala SSHE's recommendations)

I'm playing like crap lately, I'm looking forward to seeing other responces.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Little Fishy
05-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Hand 1: I like it: you're likely ahead
Hand 2: I like it: you're drawing to 7 cards and I think you have the odds
Hand 3: I'd check this one, there are too many hands that he could have that have a jack in them
Hand 4: isn't this 7 handed with 2 seeing the flop and turn?? if I'm right than I like the bet but only because of the bluff equity on the scare card
Hand 5: I don't really like it much. I don't see MP1 folding too much that they saw the turn with... but I'm really not sure about this one.
Hand 6: exelent

I have issues getting value out of high cards that missed so I may be wrong on the correct move on some or most of these hands.

TheDelChop
05-15-2005, 03:24 PM
Reads are important.

Hand 1: You'll be c/r too much to bet here and hope you still have the best hand.

Hand 2: This is an easy bet, you may have as many as 10 outs here. SB cold donking worries me if he is a good player but if he's a LP-P or LA-P I still bet. If you get c/r easy call and I would bet the river U/I becasue of all the draws that could have missed.

Hand 3:

I think you have to bet this turn and fold to a raise. Besides the fact that you don't have a pair or a draw you are OOP against the PF raiser. If he smooth calls your turn bet then I would have to check the river. I can't see any hands that he folds for one bet on the end that you can beat. At best you are hoping for a chop, but I think the PF raiser may have put a raise in on the flop if he holds AK.

Hand 4: Check/fold the turn unless you hit your Ace or King. I don't think a hand like this is gonna see a whole lot actoin past the turn. Either he c/r with the flush or he folds. You could be buried here already and MP1 isn't calling with a worse hand on the river so if it gets there I check.

Hand 5:

Bet the turn and check the river unless you spike non
/images/graemlins/club.gif A or K.

Hand 6:

I bet the turn and fold to a c/r. Also bet the river if its checked to me.

Azhrarn
05-15-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm going to put these in order of how much I like the bet.

Hands 2 and 6: Draw-heavy boards, one opponent. Mandatory bet.

Hand 3: Draw-heavy board. Lots of hands you beat will peel on the flop.

Hand 5: Many coldcallers love to peel on the flop. I like the bet, but the jack makes me a little nervous. A read could sway me to check/fold.

Hand 1: Given the pre-flop action, most of the common utg raising hands that you're ahead of on the flop would likely fold to your flop bet. Without a read, I like check/fold on the turn.

Hand 4: I don't like it. It's not a draw-heavy board, and the one obvious draw just came in. Take the free card and fold unimproved on the river.