PDA

View Full Version : 2nd hand of $22, UTG with QQ, I push?

Sponger15SB
05-15-2005, 02:13 PM
Has something like this been posted before?

$22 SNG, first hand nothing, 2nd hand I go all in.

Can anyone explain to me why this is a good/bad idea math wise or otherwise?

Apathy
05-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Will anyone call you with a worse hand? What exactly are the opponents calling ranges when you push so early? If you think 9's and AJ will call then sure I guess, but this is a pretty terrible play, Why would you want to do this?

Or am I mis-understanding your question...are you asking HOW bad this play is, in terms of $EV?

Sponger15SB
05-15-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or am I mis-understanding your question...are you asking HOW bad this play is, in terms of $EV?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

Like, if people will call with crap, is this a good enough play to make to negate the times people call with KK and AA....

but the thing is that I will probably end up losing my stack to KK and AA anyways, so I might as well try getting in as much as possible against the 99 & AJ crowd

microbet
05-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Don't have data to back it up, but at the buyins I've played so far, I think all-in preflop (not necessarily just pushing from UTG) is good with QQ in the $11s, a tough choice in the $22s and bad in the $33s.

If you make a decent raise, and are not reraised, you are probably not facing AA or KK and are not likely to get busted by them postflop. If you make a decent raise and are called, you should certainly be able to get away from a flop with and Ace.

J-Lo
05-15-2005, 03:09 PM
A fat raise to 75-90 range will get plenty of money in preflop. Most of the time, everyone will fold and u pick up the blinds w/ an open push. The move of honor works better at the $11's or NL Ring games.

astarck
05-15-2005, 05:09 PM
At the lowest limits you might get called by someone who has AJ thinking he is up against a maniac that will play anything. I couldn't offer a guess or data as to whether or not this offsets those that will call with AA/KK.

Phoenix1010
05-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Next time go all-in on the first hand with nothing, have everyone fold, and then get QQ on the second hand and go all-in and have two people call you. Much more effective.

astarck
05-15-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Next time go all-in on the first hand with nothing, have everyone fold, and then get QQ on the second hand and go all-in and have two people call you. Much more effective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Effective and funny.

If only you could control the 2nd hand....

treeofwisdom7
05-15-2005, 05:50 PM
somewhere around 1/12 times you will be dominated by AAKK and a lot more of the time your gonna be against AKso.. 1/9 times you will be even money. so 2/12 times your ev is 0. 1/12 you will get -1.3k ev if the buy in is 1.5k and 9/12 times you will get +1.2k ev if they call.... so you would need them to call with the worst hand 2/9 times to have a little value in that play.

i think thats correct. now you gotta throw these numbers in the ICM.. i dont think its a worth while play.. how bout you raise and get called with the worst hands and just make a profit from them after the flop

Chiron
05-15-2005, 06:46 PM
going all in with QQ on the second hand of any SNG is pretty horrible, IMO. classic rookie play.

NYCNative
05-15-2005, 07:00 PM
Either waste a great starting hand to pick up the blinds, beat a moron who calls with a lesser hand (and if he's a moron, you can get his chips eventually), be the moron who gets lucky against Kings or Aces, get bad-beat by by the first moron or lose to Kings or Aces.

Yeah, a real good bunch of choices, huh...

lorinda
05-15-2005, 08:36 PM
I think it's fine with AA and KK (In the $22s) but your edge over these people should be enough that you don't need to do this with QQ.

If you give them a chance to reraise with their crap, then you'll pick off the JJ and 77 of this world as well as the AA and KK.

There are many people in those limits who will try to pick off a raise to 125 or 150 by pushing with really poor holdings.

Lori