PDA

View Full Version : Turn raise, AKs flush draw

madscout
05-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Villain is MP1, brand new to the table.

Is the turn raise standard here, hoping for a check behind on the river if I miss? If he three bets me on the turn do I have to lay it down?

Thanks!

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (9.66 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 11.66 BB

brettbrettr
05-15-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Is the turn raise standard here, hoping for a check behind on the river if I miss?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think its standard. And I'd like it more with a read. [ QUOTE ]
If he three bets me on the turn do I have to lay it down?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

felix83
05-15-2005, 02:24 PM
I hope this makes sense, I'm new around here. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

It seems unlikely that he flopped a set (why would he lead against a 3-better preflop that he knows will likely bet the flop and turn on his own anyway?). He doesn't seem strong at all so you're probably still in good shape on this hand even if you just catch an A on the river. That said, I think the turn bet is a good move. It increases the chances of a free river, and if he was just fooling around on a bad looking flop and turn, he could fold and you could take it down there (crazier things have happened /images/graemlins/wink.gif) Definitely don't fold to a 3-bet though; I think even with his showing that much strength, calling down hands like this, especially in small stakes games where he might just have KQ or something, is worthwhile.

Buckmulligan
05-15-2005, 02:38 PM
I might not raise this flop If I think I might get 3 bet. Also, the turn raise doesn't make sense to me.

gol4pro
05-15-2005, 02:58 PM
I don't like the turn raise either. You're certainly not raising for value, and you have no bluff equity on this raise (he led the turn after calling your raise on the flop-- this hand is likely going to showdown).

If you call, he will likely lead the river, even if it is a spade. If you catch an A or K, I think you have to call the river, perhaps even raise.

I think he clearly has a PP or AQ/KQs. I'm more inclined to believe AQ because he led the turn again.

I don't like the raise.