PDA

View Full Version : EV of Kxs?

ansky451
05-15-2005, 04:31 AM
In general its agreed that Axs has a +EV from late position. What about Kxs? Is there a big difference? I don't really ever play suited kings, but I have recently seen some solid players limping them in late position. Any thoughts on this?

boondockst
05-15-2005, 05:01 AM
I think there was an article on this in a former 2+2 magazine...

psyduck
05-15-2005, 05:43 AM
link to article?

KingDan
05-15-2005, 06:01 AM
I believe the article was on limit hold'em.

psyduck
05-15-2005, 06:08 AM
still works... where can I find it?

ansky451
05-15-2005, 04:27 PM
There is obviously some correlation, but you can't apply the same concept entirely when switching from limit to no limit. With 5 limpers to you in late position in limit I beleive it is correct to call with suited Queens, or Jacks. I have never followed that for nl... So, back to my original question. The EV of Kxs in a nl game...

Jonny
05-15-2005, 09:35 PM
+EV if the x is > Ten.

AZK
05-15-2005, 09:35 PM
The lowest I go is K9s, and that's pretty bad. I don't even touch the suited Q/J unless I'm stealing. You only need to run into a non-nut straight or flush a few times, then suddenly you don't feel like playing these anymore. In limit, 2nd nut straight with K9 to AK is going to cost you a few bets, in NL, it costs you your stack.

Obviously there are a ton of players that play these hands, I have a feeling that they have a much better comfort level at the table and are superb hand readers...two huge pre-reqs to playing suited K/Q/J...

AdamBragar
05-16-2005, 09:38 AM
I don't usually find a ton of value limping with Kx suited (we are assuming the x is junk here, right?) in any position, unless there are a ton of people in the pot and there's a good reason I'm not raising (e.g. I've raised the past 3 hands or something).

In general, I'm raising Kx suited in LP postition 50 percent of the time and folding it 40 percent of the time and calling 10 percent of the time.

This is compared to Ax suited which I'm raising 75 percent of the time.

Of course this is completely game dependent, but this is on the average.

But I like to raise a ton from late position in full handed games.

Leptyne
05-16-2005, 01:14 PM
Party has a chart showing EV by position for all holdings. Ax is +EV for late position, K9 and above have +EV, K8 and lower have -EV in LP. Note that these figures are from hands played on Party, not calculated EV.

Of course there are valid reasons for playing -EV hands, especially OOP.

ansky451
05-17-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party has a chart showing EV by position for all holdings. Ax is +EV for late position, K9 and above have +EV, K8 and lower have -EV in LP. Note that these figures are from hands played on Party, not calculated EV.

Of course there are valid reasons for playing -EV hands, especially OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?