PDA

View Full Version : Looking over HHs

Maulik
05-15-2005, 04:12 AM
I'm exchanging some HHs. What's the best way to give feedback? Just browse through the HHs through MS Word & type away or is there a better solution

The Yugoslavian
05-15-2005, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm exchanging some HHs. What's the best way to give feedback? Just browse through the HHs through MS Word & type away or is there a better solution

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to go into the HHs and type comments that then can be viewed in the Replayer. That way the person can see the feedback in context.

To make the replayer pause and show comments in the chat box, type your comments with a '<<' in the text file.

Example:

<< I really don't think this is the time to push Maulik
<< It's level 3 and you're risking your whole stack with 59o and 3 raisers
<< I know you love Phil Van Sexton and all...but c'mon, this is ridiculous.

Yugoslav

KingDan
05-15-2005, 05:59 AM
I just used word. Wouldn't replayer take a lot more time than just skimming through it in word?

Especially in levels 1-3 where most of the stuff is just folded right away.

The Yugoslavian
05-15-2005, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just used word. Wouldn't replayer take a lot more time than just skimming through it in word?

Especially in levels 1-3 where most of the stuff is just folded right away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like watching HHs in the replayer. If I'm going to give feedback or study my own play of a tourney....then I want the context and all that goes along with it. I find this much more enjoyable graphically than by looking at blocks of text.

This is why if I was to look over someone's HHs I would request for it to be in the emailed format that the replayer plays.

A similar thing goes for me and chess....I can follow most annotated lines fine without diagrams or a board in front of me. But I find it easier, more enjoyable and more productive to have the position visually in front of me.

If I see a HH posted on here...generally I will skim through it and look for places of interest and don't necessarily use the replyer (altho if it's in the right format, it's still more helpful to view it in replayer I feel and faster than skimming chunks of text).

As far as the notes go...I will take them by hand and then go into the text file after viewing the HH and put my thoughts into it in a viewable format.

Yugoslav

1C5
05-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Thanks for that tip with << in the replayer, good to know. /images/graemlins/cool.gif