PDA

View Full Version : Making a documentary about poker players

dutchbrodymoss
05-15-2005, 03:24 AM
I just watched this documentary called "Spellbound," about these kids who go to the Spelling Bee nationals.

Now hear me out now.

I don't know if any of you guys have seen it, but for those that have, if any, I wonder what it would be like if somebody made a documentary on poker players (or a sub-culture of poker players, such as college kids).

For example, if they made a documentary about college kids who play poker, going around the country and finding kids from different schools, race, socio-economic backgrounds, etc, exploring what drives them to want to play poker, and what all that says about America and the American dream.

Just thought it'd be a cool idea.

Say what you want.

Blarg
05-15-2005, 03:35 AM
Poker's inherently an interesting thing. It's kind of the whole American dream wrapped up in a small package, with plenty of the downside aspect readily apparent. Lots of drama. I'd watch a whole miniseries on it, and then be ready for the next one.

dutchbrodymoss
05-15-2005, 03:39 AM
Exactly. The ideology of poker is akin to that of the American dream, in many ways. And who better to act as an embodiment of than quest, than college kids.

Man, I should try to find funding for a project like this.

nothumb
05-15-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Man, I should try to find funding for a project like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and every other donk with a camera and some free time.

Not to be rude, but this is kind of like deciding to do a documentary on school bullies after the Columbine massacre.

NT

KaneKungFu123
05-15-2005, 04:09 AM
if you were going to do this, id probally be a perfect candidate. in terms of the american dream, i wanted to 'head west', and i did, all the way to the eastern hemisphere, asia.

im 19. have no desire to return to the west or college. i am incredibley talanted, and cocky, and unapologetic.

i am also interested in filmmaking, and might be interested in working with some people on putting this sort of thing together.

[ QUOTE ]
I just watched this documentary called "Spellbound," about these kids who go to the Spelling Bee nationals.

Now hear me out now.

I don't know if any of you guys have seen it, but for those that have, if any, I wonder what it would be like if somebody made a documentary on poker players (or a sub-culture of poker players, such as college kids).

For example, if they made a documentary about college kids who play poker, going around the country and finding kids from different schools, race, socio-economic backgrounds, etc, exploring what drives them to want to play poker, and what all that says about America and the American dream.

Just thought it'd be a cool idea.

Say what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

nothumb
05-15-2005, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you were going to do this, id probally be a perfect candidate. in terms of the american dream, i wanted to 'head west', and i did, all the way to the eastern hemisphere, asia.

im 19. have no desire to return to the west or college. i am incredibley talanted, and cocky, and unapologetic.

i am also interested in filmmaking, and might be interested in working with some people on putting this sort of thing together.

[/ QUOTE ]

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK

[comment about stealing money]

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK

NT

KaneKungFu123
05-15-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

everytime i get in apissing match online i end up challenging said cock to heads up 5K match.

all declined as of yet.

you?

daryn
05-15-2005, 04:16 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

everytime i get in apissing match online i end up challenging said cock to heads up 5K match.

all declined as of yet.

you?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he will pass, but i'm sure he would challege you to a fight. i'm sure you would pass though.

KaneKungFu123
05-15-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

all declined as of yet.

you?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he will pass, but i'm sure he would challege you to a fight. i'm sure you would pass though.

[/ QUOTE ]

the difference is that my challenge is actually serious.

daryn you are like the biggest, ugliest cock-sucker on this site. you know that?

nothumb
05-15-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

all declined as of yet.

you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be the only person on this board willing to admit he doesn't have anywhere near 5k in his bankroll and has no interest in a decidedly -EV play just because some guy can't take the heat from OOT.

I stand by my well-thought out, subtle, carefully crafted opinion.

EDIT: And I would be willing to fight almost anyone in OOT in mixed martial arts any day of the week. There are a few I know who would hand my ass to me but they know who they are. Not to say I could beat everyone here, but I doubt there are more than a handful where I wouldn't even be able to defend myself from serious harm.

NT

KaneKungFu123
05-15-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

all declined as of yet.

you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be the only person on this board willing to admit he doesn't have anywhere near 5k in his bankroll and has no interest in a decidedly -EV play just because some guy can't take the heat from OOT.

EDIT: And I would be willing to fight almost anyone in OOT in mixed martial arts any day of the week. There are a few I know who would hand my ass to me but they know who they are. Not to say I could beat everyone here, but I doubt there are more than a handful where I wouldn't even be able to defend myself from serious harm.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you handicap me in terms of weapons?

Im like 5'8 160 lbs, bench press 230.

have no fighting training...

daryn
05-15-2005, 04:26 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK

DONK DONK DONK DONK DONK

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

all declined as of yet.

you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the difference is that my challenge is actually serious.

daryn you are like the biggest, ugliest cock-sucker on this site. you know that?

[/ QUOTE ]

i /images/graemlins/heart.gif u

nothumb
05-15-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No handicap. I'd tell you to grow four inches, gain 40 pounds and learn to fight. Otherwise stay in Asia and die of avian flu.

NT

nothumb
05-15-2005, 04:36 AM
BTW the whole open challenge MMA thing... not even really saying that to be hostile (well to Kane yes, to most others no) so much as I just kind of like fighting and think it's fun. Inchoatehand and I used to attempt to choke each other out all the time. It was great.

NT

Dead
05-15-2005, 04:52 AM
I would fight you for fun if you came to SU, Nothumb. If I kicked your ass then you would give me free bowling lessons. How about it?

I am 2 inches taller and 5 pounds less than Kane. Should be an easy win for you, or so you think.

Lazymeatball
05-15-2005, 05:19 AM
There are a few things I feel compelled to warn NoThumb about.

Dead to JaketheBake: [ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter if you're bigger than me. I took karate for 11 years. I would house you. I've only been in one fight in my life, and the dude was 6 inches taller and 60 pounds heavier.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall...

And your pitifully inadequate military training would not help you either.

I am not a violent person at all, but I know that I could take both you and Inchoate with minimal effort. Plus I've got about 15 years on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead
05-15-2005, 05:43 AM
Really lame that you did this.

But you forgot to mention that I am a Sho Dan(first dan) and was only one essay and one weapons kata away from being a Ni Dan(second dan) when I stopped.

No Thumb says that he has mixed martial arts training so we could see how he stacked up real fast.

Anyway, what are you trained in, NT?

I'm trained in Isshin-Ryu karate.

I've only been in one real, actual fight in my life(I'm a pacifist), but the kid threatened my life and I broke both his legs and knocked his two front teeth out.

Lazymeatball
05-15-2005, 07:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Really lame that you did this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lame that I did this? You are the one bragging about your karate prowess. I just thought I'd give NT full disclosure.

Dead
05-15-2005, 07:11 AM
Ok ok.

Fair is fair I guess. I think that it would be a very interesting fight.

handsome
05-15-2005, 07:43 AM
If nothumb is trained in grappling, your karate would be rendered useless.

-Skeme-
05-15-2005, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur.

masse75
05-15-2005, 09:49 AM
If you want to make a really good doc, find people who:

1. spend most of their day posting to a web forum
2. have posted over 5600 times in less than 3 months
3. continually talk about the Yankees and how they're so awesome, even when no one is listening and he's talking to himself.

You might have to look hard, but I'm sure there are a few people like that.

nothumb
05-15-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, what are you trained in, NT?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the words of the great James Brown, "I don't know karate... but I know ka-razy!"

I have no formal fighting training. I just like fighting.

The reason I suggested the MMA format is because it allows for the most variety in fighting style and is the least restrictive, while still being a limited battle. If you just wanted to grapple or box, we could, but I don't think it favors you.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I would say your best bet is to knock me out before I get within arms' length of you. I have pinned and submitted guys larger than myself and I have a good 50 pounds on you.

I have to say, Dead, you were not exactly the first person I expected to take this one up. However, if you tried to break my legs, I would consider it unsporstmanlike.

We're not that far apart so it's not out of the question. The side action would be pretty wild.

NT

DavidC
05-15-2005, 10:29 AM
I'd watch it!

nothumb
05-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Clearly it would need to be videotaped.

NT

purnell
05-15-2005, 11:20 AM
Kane, regardless of your "talent" and your confidence, you are dishonest. Your character is fatally flawed, and anyone who enters a business venture with you is a fool.

Lazymeatball
05-15-2005, 11:27 AM
I would love to watch this.

Jazza
05-15-2005, 01:28 PM
srry OP i don't care about whatever it is you said, but i heard mention of a fight, and maybe some betting on it

seriously some one PM me if it goes down, i wanna put some money on it

InchoateHand
05-15-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm betting on NT. The man isn't "ka-razy," he's like kkk-kra-zy.

InchoateHand
05-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Oh, and in response to KKF---I'll be in Bangkok shortly (and throughout the region if you are elsewhere), so I will be happy to act as NT's proxy and kick your ass.

Blarg
05-15-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blanket statements like that are just plain ignorant. And I used that word because I didn't want to use a worse one.

InchoateHand
05-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Correct Blarg, but...

If NT is an excellent grappler, and Dead's karate skills are high-mediocre, I stil bet on the grappler.

Dead
05-15-2005, 04:30 PM
Interesting, NT.

I had grapple training before reaching green belt so I have some knowledge in that as well. We did practice flipping and certain holds.

I don't think that your weight would give you much of an advantage unless you got on top and pinned me, in which case I would admittedly be screwed.

I do consider breaking someone's legs to be unsportsmanlike and I certainly wouldn't do it to you. The reason I did it in that case is I felt that my life was threatened. Sportsmanship wasn't exactly on my list of priorities at that moment.

bdk3clash
05-15-2005, 05:30 PM
"Clearly it would need to be videotaped."

I hope this is included as bonus footage on the DVD release of the upcoming documentary about KaneKungFu.

Blarg
05-15-2005, 05:42 PM
I'll generally bet on the man, with the style a distant second.

bdk3clash
05-15-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blanket statements like that are just plain ignorant. And I used that word because I didn't want to use a worse one.

[/ QUOTE ]
One of the advantages a person with a grappling background (for example, in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, catch/Greco-Roman/freestyle/folk wrestling, some forms of judo) has in a real-life fight situation is that they have experience competing at full speed and strength against a fully resisting opponent, even if striking isn't allowed in training.

I would guess that most martial arts practicioners that have trained primarily in striking overestimate the damage they can do with their punches and kicks. I think most unobstructed streetfight scenarios (like the one nothumb and Dead are hinting at) would involve squaring off, a few looping overhand punch attempts, a clinch, a takedown, and then pretty much a stalemate unless one is much stronger or more experienced in groundfighting. They'd also both probably gas out pretty quick and not be able to do much damage.

Personally, I would think nothumb should close distance as quickly and safely as possible, take Dead down, establish top position, and throw forearms/elbows to the face.

bdk3clash
05-15-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll generally bet on the man, with the style a distant second.

[/ QUOTE ]
I fully agree with this statement.

Blarg
05-15-2005, 05:58 PM
The average streetfight between untrained opponents definitely winds up in clinching and on the ground.

Partly that's because untrained people are both afraid to really engage in an exchange of punches and partly because they don't really know how. Punches are usually big open haymakers with the occasional lunge thrown in, and nobody really knows how to gain and control distance; moving is mostly a bumbling, flat-footed stepping mixed with the occasional lunge or backpedal. Grappling seems safer all the way around, and it kind of is; anything's safer than throwing a haymaker that starts back in New Jersey and leaves you stumbling around and completely open if it misses, and probably if it hits, too. So people grapple to keep the other guy from punching, and because they don't know how to punch either.

Trained boxers and wrestlers both have plenty of practice going at each other hard, and some martial artists do too; most of them used to, but most martial arts is recreational and sporting now, so not as many mix it up as used to. Martial arts didn't used to be taught to just anyone, but now it is. So being a martial artist doesn't necessarily mean all that much outside of conditioning and reaction training.

I think being really good at a handful or less worth's of moves and then well rounded in general is what gives you the best chance. If you do nothing well, you're in trouble, but most fights don't come down to anything very fancy. Just simple mastery of a few things is fine, and that's probably all you're going to be able to reliably do under intense pressure anyway. And besides that, you just have to be really prepared to deal with new things. Most people can easily be surprised by someone with lesser skill who just does things they're not used to or trained for. That's why even really crappy, drunk streetfighters often kick the asses of martial artists, boxers, and wrestlers. It's hard fighting someone who doesn't think and move in the patterns you're used to. A guy who's untouchable to anyone in his style can often be brought down by someone of much less talent from a different style.

nothumb
05-15-2005, 06:33 PM
Blarg is basically right. That's a very long and excellent post.

My best bet against virtually anyone here is to go to ground and submit them. I throw a nasty chokehold and I have experience with extended groundfighting and fatigue.

I strike pretty hard but I'm kind of wild. I would take a few shots standing up but I'd really prefer to just choke a guy out and be done with it. Especially when I have such a size advantage.

I find this whole thing really funny and amusing and if it ever happened I'm sure all involved would have a blast, with the possible exception of the loser.

NT

Dead
05-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Would you allow me to use my bo or would that not be allowed? You could use one too obviously.

nothumb
05-15-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that your weight would give you much of an advantage unless you got on top and pinned me, in which case I would admittedly be screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? It's a lot easier for a guy my size to toss you off my hip than vice versa. Granted if you know what you're doing either one of us can do it with relative ease. But along with that size comes extra strength and, as you mentioned, serious bulk once we go to ground. It's not just if I'm on top of you, either.

But why should I have to come all the way to you? I have a job, I can't just leave whenever I want. You're a student. Cut class and come get a different kind of lesson. /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NT

nothumb
05-15-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would you allow me to use my bo or would that not be allowed? You could use one too obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely not, terrible idea. I have no weapons training and it would increase the likelihood of somebody getting seriously hurt.

Best way to do this would be basically UFC rules, except no scoring, you just go until someone taps out or cannot defend himself.

NT

bdk3clash
05-15-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely not, terrible idea. I have no weapons training and it would increase the likelihood of somebody getting seriously hurt.

Best way to do this would be basically UFC rules, except no scoring, you just go until someone taps out or cannot defend himself.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]
I have dibs on being referee. I have tons of mixed martial arts experience, by which I mean I've watched every Pride and UFC event.

Seriously, I think I'd be a good ref.

Dead
05-15-2005, 06:51 PM
I was under the impression that UFC did not allow throat strikes or holding of shorts/pants. UFC rules take away a lot of my perceived advantage. There is no elbow striking and no striking to the back of the head.

bdk3clash
05-15-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression that UFC did not allow throat strikes or holding of shorts/pants. UFC rules take away a lot of my perceived advantage. There is no elbow striking and no striking to the back of the head.

[/ QUOTE ]
You guys can make the rules whatever you want.

NSAC rules for MMA events (which UFC follows) disallow strikes with the point of the elbow but allow forearm strikes. Strikes to the throat are disallowed. Typically MMA participants wear minimal shorts and I believe you aren't allowed to grab them for leverage, but I could be wrong. Strikes to the back of the head are disallowed but you can punch from behind to the side of the head.

By the way, if you guys aren't wearing gloves, feel free to punch nothumb in the back of the head. You'll probably break your hand before you do any damage.

Blarg
05-15-2005, 06:59 PM
I think it's easier for shorter people to do most throws than taller ones.

My first extended training was in jiu-jitsu, and I practically had to do the splits to get my hips under my short and medium sized opponents. It was even worse because they were trained, and knew to lower their center of gravity to prevent hip throws. My ass would be within a whisper of the ground. It was much easier with taller people, where I could make a looser circle with the throw and not have to get into such an extreme stance.

I still like throws, but they're not ideal for my height - a bit under 6'2" -- against the average guy. To do them I have to give up a range advantage against shorter people while at the same time playing into their ideal range, and I don't like giving up any advantages, ever.

nothumb
05-15-2005, 07:06 PM
I figured we'd just wear 4 oz gloves to protect knuckles.

Elbow strikes I didn't realize were disallowed. I once gave a good friend a concussion with an elbow strike during sparring... that was an accident. I would feel bad giving you dain bramage Dead.

You can punch me in the back of the head if you want. Main rules I think are important are:

-No strikes to groin or genitals
-No intentional breaking of bones or joints
-No kicks to the head while your opponent is down
-No gouging of eyes, pulling of hair, grabbing clothes.

Other than that I don't much care.

NT

bdk3clash
05-15-2005, 07:17 PM
So is this going to happen? God damn I hope so.

nothumb
05-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Like I said, I'm up for it, but I still think Dead should have to come to me given that I have a life and a job.

If it was gonna happen it would be better if we got a few people together and played some cards, had a party and then dropped the hammer on each other.

Actually, on second thought, don't come to me. We should go to NYC or something, so Brad can ref and others can be around.

NT

bdk3clash
05-15-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Like I said, I'm up for it, but I still think Dead should have to come to me given that I have a life and a job.

If it was gonna happen it would be better if we got a few people together and played some cards, had a party and then dropped the hammer on each other.

Actually, on second thought, don't come to me. We should go to NYC or something, so Brad can ref and others can be around.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]
I am absolutely willing to organize this. We've apparently go the go ahead from nothumb, as long as Dead says so I'll set up a time and a place. I vote no on poker, yes on the fight, and yes on going to a bar and getting drunk afterwards.

nothumb
05-15-2005, 07:51 PM
Ok, but keep in mind I am ridiculously busy the next 3 weeks or so. It might have to be in a month or so. Still, that would give Dead time to train.

NT

loudog
05-15-2005, 07:56 PM
sublime would kick your pretty boy ass. that dude seems like a hard ass.

Dead
05-15-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sublime would kick your pretty boy ass. that dude seems like a hard ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I would put a ton of money on me against sublime.

I'm not so sure about NT but I guaranTEE that I could kick the crap out of sublime if given the chance.

Dead
05-15-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]
I am absolutely willing to organize this. We've apparently go the go ahead from nothumb, as long as Dead says so I'll set up a time and a place. I vote no on poker, yes on the fight, and yes on going to a bar and getting drunk afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude I doubt my fake would work in NYC. I'm not of age.

loudog
05-15-2005, 08:05 PM
after reading about both your lives and seeing pictures of both of you, i doubt it. he would probably bite your ear off or something. you look like some twat from sex and the city. get that fairy avatar back, it fits you better.

thatpfunk
05-15-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any fake ID works in the city.

bdk3clash
05-15-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fine, apartment party after the fight, whatever. The important thing is that this takes place.

James282
05-15-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

If this glorious event happens, I will buy all the kegs.
-James

wacki
05-15-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If this glorious event happens, I will buy all the kegs.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'll buy the jello and the kiddie pool.

jackdaniels
05-16-2005, 09:17 AM
If this event happens in NY, I'll be there and provide half a dozen bottles of scotch (chivas, black label - any good stuff you guys like).

I think this is an excellent idea!!!!

dutchbrodymoss
05-16-2005, 11:22 AM
Thanks for hijacking my post guys. =)

jackdaniels
05-16-2005, 11:38 AM
Sorry bro, but both your OP and the hijak were interesting topics.

Shame on you guys for hijaking /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

meep_42
05-16-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(I'm a pacifist)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I broke both his legs and knocked his two front teeth out.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're not.

-d

B Dids
05-16-2005, 01:53 PM
I couldn't understand how such a goofy topic go so many replies..

now I do.

morgant
05-16-2005, 02:08 PM
bdk = don king

make this happen!!

DMBFan23
05-16-2005, 02:43 PM
holy crap I would buy a DVD of this if it happened

DMBFan23
05-16-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

all declined as of yet.

you?

[/ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you laying him odds in your 5K HU match?

mmbt0ne
05-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Thank God I got an IM about this thread. I figured it was just something stupid about movie making, not the EVENT OF THE CENTURY.

All I need is a time and a date. I don't have much to bring, but I'll think of something.

DMBFan23
05-16-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

to think that this whole awesome thread derailment started from this innocent statement. who would have guessed

bdk3clash
05-16-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dead--nothumb has said that he's busy for about the next month.

I propose that this take place in New York City Friday the 24th or Saturday the 25th of June, details along with criminal and civil liabilities to be determined later.

Dead and nothumb--comments?

bdk3clash
05-16-2005, 09:18 PM
Bump. Nothumb, Dead--do not lose momentum on this one. It has the potential to achieve greatness, but you must make it happen.

Dead
05-17-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I propose that this take place in New York City Friday the 24th or Saturday the 25th of June, details along with criminal and civil liabilities to be determined later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude I'm not spending all that money to come to New York City. If you want the fight you can come here. Nothumb wants it more than I do.

bdk3clash
05-17-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude I'm not spending all that money to come to New York City. If you want the fight you can come here. Nothumb wants it more than I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely guarantee we can arrange to have your travel expenses paid for and probably even a fight purse. Having settled the financial issues for now, can we go ahead with planning this?

Dead
05-17-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely guarantee we can arrange to have your travel expenses paid for and probably even a fight purse. Having settled the financial issues for now, can we go ahead with planning this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure.

I'm going to bed. PM me though.

morgant
05-17-2005, 01:40 AM
go don go......

i can help be a financier

bdk3clash
05-17-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll resume posting in this thread tomorrow I guess. I don't think I'll be PMing you, it's more fun to do all this in public.

James282
06-16-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll resume posting in this thread tomorrow I guess. I don't think I'll be PMing you, it's more fun to do all this in public.

[/ QUOTE ]

What ever happened to this? I'll bump and say I'll pitch in 100 dollars to cover travel expenses. I want a receipt though.
-James

IndieMatty
06-16-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What ever happened to this? I'll bump and say I'll pitch in 100 dollars to cover travel expenses. I want a receipt though.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd pay more then this. And I don't need a receipt. I just read this thread for the first time. awesome idea.

college_boy
06-16-2005, 08:41 PM
I'm in for 100.