PDA

View Full Version : What is your policy for when a LAG raises pre-flop?

KSOT
05-15-2005, 03:17 AM
Let's say someone who raises 18% of the hands raises from MP. Would you cold call 2 bets in LP with hands that are normally only worth limping in with? Would you 3-bet him more often than you normally might?

I think doing so has really been hurting me lately. I just hate folding decent hands to what is quite often a raise with something pitiful like A8o.

NateDog
05-15-2005, 03:19 AM
I don't usually change my standards all that much. I'm not CC'ing with limpers. I will open up my 3 betting standards to isolate him though. If he's got position on me, I'm changing seats or tables.

KSOT
05-15-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he's got position on me, I'm changing seats or tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome tip, thanks.

Jacob_Gilliam
05-15-2005, 03:22 AM
I virtually never cold call, the exceptions being small pocket pairs or some suited BIG connectors when there are already lots of people in the pot (and i'm button or C/O). Either reraise him or fold.

SoftcoreRevolt
05-15-2005, 03:30 AM
I'd definately 3 bet more, and cold call A LITTLE more with stuff like T9s if there's still a lot of people limping and then calling his raises.

I love LAGs.. I wish I could find more, all my previous buddies lost all their money.

jookiebrown
05-15-2005, 02:08 PM
I look for opportunities to isolate. I look for legit raising hands that are not neccesarily three bettors (ie AJo) or better and play right back at 'em.
The thing about a lag is that they will pay HANDSOMELY when they pay. It's not about how many hands you take it's about how much you get when you take 'em.
My suggestion is to stay away from limpers against them and concentrate on making a killing when you suspect they have a second best hand to pay you off.

iplayed with a guy last night whose pfr% was over 25. he paid dearly for it. (not enough to me tho /images/graemlins/frown.gif )