PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 Killl game today

DeadMoneyOC
05-15-2005, 03:04 AM
I have Ts9h in the CO and limp after everyone else. The button raises, everyone calls. Button is a college age kid who plays OK. He recently showed me his hand on the river when he folded top pair 8 kicker and it would have been good. So he might be steaming and in more of a call down mode but shows he kinda knows how to play the game because in this hand he folded with the 8 kicker he was up against a tightish opponent who played the hand like a set or an over pair or something. Anyways...

After everyone(4-5 players maybe) calls two bets preflop we all see a

6h 6s 5h flop. Everyone checks to the better who bets. BB calls, but he calls everything on the flop. It gets foled around to me and I check-raise. He three bets, I call.

Turn - Jh. We check to the better and he bets. BB drops out and I check-raise again. Who thinks this is to risky? I had been playing tight and showing down the goods.

Another hand where I have black kings in MP and I raise. The blinds call. Flop comes down AA7 and SB bets, BB folds, whats my plan? Havent seen SB show down anything and dont have any reads on his play as he had only been at the table for a short while. I think arguements can be made for raising, calling, or folding.

One more. I limp in early position with QT of clubs and four or five other players come along for the ride. Flop comes down KhJs9h. w00t. I bet and get called by 3 players. Turn comes Jh. [censored]. I check(wtf? flame me) One player who only bets decent hands bets and some wahoo calls(could be anything) What should I do? Call down mode? I called. River came an offsuit duck and I check to the decent guy who bet and the other wahoo raised all in for 3 more on top of the 6$ bet and I called. I hated it.

All comments are welcome, but please explain your reasoning and such. I am just starting to learn limit so be nice.

DeadMoneyOC
05-15-2005, 03:26 PM
*Bump

Luv2DriveTT
05-15-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
*Bump

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you bumped this thread less than 30 minutes after you posted it, I won't respond. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Qwijibo
05-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Actually it was twelve hours, right?

Luv2DriveTT
05-15-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually it was twelve hours, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I needed a good excuse to be a total prick. Grr.... you took it way from me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lets get down to it. You played ALL streets wrong. Fold preflop, Fold the flop. Read Ed Miller's new book - Getting Started in Hold'em, followed by Small Stakes Hold'em (wash - rinse - repeat). Spend lots of time in the micro-limits forum, and I'll see you back here in a few months.

imported_PP123
05-15-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]
In soft games I think it's an OK limp. I agree with you on everything else though.

The KK hand. You should read this (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=&Number=969383&page=&view= &sb=5&o=&fpart=all).

The QTs hand. Bet the turn. Just because a flush or full house/quads are possible, it doesn't mean someone's got it.

Haupt_234
05-15-2005, 06:05 PM
To be quite frank, there is almost too much to say about these hands. A lot of your streets were either the wrong play or the wrong thinking. Try reading the books that TT posted as they should help you more than anything.

Haupt_234

DeadMoneyOC
05-15-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lets get down to it. You played ALL streets wrong. Fold preflop, Fold the flop. Read Ed Miller's new book - Getting Started in Hold'em, followed by Small Stakes Hold'em (wash - rinse - repeat). Spend lots of time in the micro-limits forum, and I'll see you back here in a few months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, Thanks for being a nice guy and elaborating on your advice for each hand. A-hole

Jules22
05-15-2005, 07:03 PM
this line does seem awful. i usually fold t9o preflop, it just seems like such garbage. after the flop seems fps to me

DeadMoneyOC
05-15-2005, 07:10 PM
OK, given that I did play T9o and this player is capable of folding how risky of a play is this? I was obovuisly trying to represent a six and the heart that came on the turn was another scare card for someone with an overpair or big cards, so I decided to take one more shot and and considering I also picked up a bad flush draw I wasnt so sure I was drawing dead. Keep in mind I was also playing tight...anyways, I won the hand when I check-raised the turn. Everyone in this forum just mentions how bad it is to limp with T9o but then doesnt give advice for the rest of the hands. Like I said, I dont play limit holdem that often. I am looking for more advice than fold preflop.

DeadMoneyOC
05-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Nice link, TY.

If I bet the turn and I am raised then I have to...?

imported_PP123
05-15-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I bet the turn and I am raised then I have to...?

[/ QUOTE ]
That situation is mentioned far down in the thread.

jnalpak
05-15-2005, 07:25 PM
I wouldn't mind being invited to play on your left at this game.

All those were played incorrectly, especially your last flopped straight.

DeadMoneyOC
05-15-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To be quite frank, there is almost too much to say about these hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, well since these three hands probably arent covered in whatever books TT suggested(And I am probably not running out to B&N tonight) why dont you tell me what you would have done on these three hands. I know there is a lot to talk about, thats why I posted them. If you are going to give me the same advice TT did then thats cool too(sarcasim alert, please dont tell me to simply 'fold preflop' or whatever) Thanks

DeadMoneyOC
05-15-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't mind being invited to play on your left at this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats cool.

[ QUOTE ]
All those were played incorrectly, especially your last flopped straight

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats cool, thats why I posted it. I didnt know what to do when the Jh hit on the turn. Why dont you give me some friendly advice rather than saying 'you played it wrong' because I obvouisly know I played it wrong and I am woundering what the best line would be.

DeadMoneyOC
05-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Ah, I was being unclear. I was talking about the last hand where I flopped the straight. If I bet the turn and I am raised then I should...?

imported_PP123
05-15-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ah, I was being unclear. I was talking about the last hand where I flopped the straight. If I bet the turn and I am raised then I should...?

[/ QUOTE ]
Call down mode.

You played this hand perfectly until the turn. It was good you didn't tried to slowplay your straight. Slowplaying is rarely a good play in these games because you will often get more action by playing fast.

By checking on the turn you put yourself in an akward situation. You miss bets when you're ahead and it makes the decisions later on in the hand more difficult. As I wrote earlier, just because a third card of the same suit hits on turn, it doesn't mean someone actually hit the flush. This is an important concept that doesn't only apply when you flop a straight.

Luv2DriveTT
05-15-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To be quite frank, there is almost too much to say about these hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, well since these three hands probably aren't covered in whatever books TT suggested(And I am probably not running out to B&N tonight) why don't you tell me what you would have done on these three hands. I know there is a lot to talk about, thats why I posted them. If you are going to give me the same advice TT did then thats cool too(sarcasm alert, please don't tell me to simply 'fold preflop' or whatever) Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me put it to you this way. read the other posts on this forum, instead of being self-obsorbed... then you will see that this is exactly the type of advice that is given here (fold pre-flop etc). You need Hold'em basics, because you obviously don't have a grasp of them yet. The books I recommended cover exactly the type of hands you described.

DeadMoneyOC
05-15-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
instead of being self-obsorbed... then you will see that this is exactly the type of advice that is given here (fold pre-flop etc).

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right, but in all the other forums I have posted in people usually give reasoning behind their comments. Yeah, I know I only have like 45 posts or whatever...my other account got banned. I have been here for about a year.

Where was I being self-obsorbed? Because some guy said 'I would love to sit on your left' and you told me to go to the micro stakes forums? Yeah your right, you guys werent making silly prejudgements. I just wanted people to elaborate and actually give me advice rather than 'fold' or 'bet'. Silly me thinking people would actually give solid advice. One guy gave me good advice, I thank him and this will be my last thread in this forum. Id rather post my hands on recpoker than in this forum!

[ QUOTE ]
You need Hold'em basics, because you obviously don't have a grasp of them yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been a winning NL player for the past year. Not a huge winner, but a winner. I definitly understand Holdem basics. Sorry I dont play the ABC 2+2 style and occasionally get out of line. I just wanted to know what I did wrong and in each hand that I posted I wasnt far off so please dont tell me I need to understand holdem 'basics' Maybe the action of these hands is very clear to you but it wasnt to me.

If the desicions on each street where so easy then why didnt you just give me advice on what my action should be and why? If everyone in this forum thinks there is a correct line for each poker hand then they are simply wrong. I know you guys think peoples PT stats determine how you should play the hand against them but this is also wrong. You guys(people in this forum) might mutli-table good enough to win 2BB/100 or whatever but when you are only playing at one table wouldnt you want to grind out everyhand and make desicions on a higher level than your opponents and maybe stray from the traditional 2+2 line? I know my goal is to maximize my winnings and minimize my loses to the best of my ability. It just seems to me that you guys think that everyhand should be played the same. GL

shant
05-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Since you want street by street analysis, here goes. This is for the T9o hand since the other 2 have been covered well already.

Preflop: How many people limped? If it was everyone or 4 or 5 of them then I don't mind this call so much, but you still have to worry about the tight-player on the button behind you raising. Anyway, I don't think this is a huge mistake.

Flop: OK, now we have T high, a 9-high backdoor flush draw, and a backdoor gutshot draw. When it comes back around to you, you can safely fold. The board is paired, even if you hit a T or 9 you might be beat by an overpair, and your opponents have tons of redraws.

Turn: Hey, somehow we've made it to the turn. Let's fold now.

Just because your fancy play won this time, doesn't mean it was the correct play.

DeadMoneyOC
05-15-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just because your fancy play won this time, doesn't mean it was the correct play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played yesterday for about 10 hours. I only tried plays like this twice. It worked once, it didnt work the other time. I have realized that you guys(people in this forum) dont try to outplay people ever and play ABC poker. If you think you can make someone fold their hand why not try to make them fold and win the pot? It doesnt make sense to me why you wouldnt want to win this pot if you were confident you could. When he three bet me on the flop I was confident I could get him to fold an overpair if I check-raised the turn. It turns out he didnt have an overpair and just had A-high. It is true that a lot of times I will get called down by an overpair but thats why I asked if this play was too risky. Keep grinding it out playing 'correct' poker.

imported_PP123
05-15-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have realized that you guys(people in this forum) dont try to outplay people ever and play ABC poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've tried to be nice to you but now I think you're just being rude and stupid.

shant
05-15-2005, 09:46 PM
Don't be such a jackass. Of course we "outplay" people on this forum. That's why we discuss hands, make "reads" on players, and act accordingly.

However, you were lucky he had what he had. Most "tight" players will not 3-bet this flop with something they will fold on the turn. Every hand I can think of that I would put him on like big pairs and high suited hearts will call you down after your turn check-raise. Even the suited A-high overcards may call your river bet to see what's up, especially since you said he had folded a winner and was slightly tilting.

So, every other time you just put a bunch of money into the pot when you were way behind. Don't talk so much [censored] and you'd get better advice.

Luv2DriveTT
05-15-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't talk so much [censored] and you'd get better advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

And perhaps next time you won't get banned.

Jules22
05-16-2005, 03:49 PM
many of us try not to worry about outplaying people or wearing wrap around sunglasses and appearing somber when we play... we just concentrate on winning money over the long run.