PDA

View Full Version : Stud8 6th street heads-up

RitmoEnElCaos
05-15-2005, 01:59 AM
7 Card Stud Hi/Lo 8 or better

You have pocket AA, but your board shows no draws and only a rough low possibility (KQ87 rainbow, for example). The only opponent is representing a made low and his board would seem to indicate that he does have it. He completed on 3rd and raised on 4th.

Seems to me that if the pot is small, you might consider check/fold. If the pot is large, you'd check/call. I can't imagine betting in this situation.

Does anyone think this is a betting situation? If so, why?

-Ritmo

bigredlemon
05-15-2005, 02:18 AM
He's showing 5 babies on fifth. Lets recap the possibilities:

He started with a big pair. You're a favourite with an overpair.
He has low and now playing to scoop. You're calling 3 big bets to win 1-2 big bets. You'd have to win half 65 to 75% of the time to break even.
He started with babies but paired up. He's drawing to both two pair AND low. Half the deck will give him something, and you have dodge most of it or hit well yourself.

Two pair I'd consider calling. One pair is hand that not even it's mother could love.

I've also been burnt so many times by jamming two pair aces and another low that it makes me wonder if it's that great at all.

stud7champ
05-15-2005, 10:06 AM
I agree against the made low hand he is free rolling.
if you had AA baby and had a low draw or got 2 pairs i would raise. With a lone ace pair you would fold on 5th street if he begins to jam the pot.