PDA

View Full Version : HOH: Volume II Preorders

Mason Malmuth
05-15-2005, 12:41 AM
Hi Everyone:

This is a post from our Books/Publication forum. I'm also placing it here.

Best Wishes,
Mason

Hi Everyone:

We're now accepting preorders for Harrington on Hold 'em: Volume II. Just go to our home page and scroll down. We're expecting the book (give or take a few days) by June 8. It looks like 461 pages (but that might change by a page or two).

On a related note, we still have some logo wear shirts. See the link at the top of the left column. David and I wear these shirts all the time and they are top notch quality. This is a great way to support this site and Two Plus Two in general.

Best wishes,

Mason

zuluking
05-15-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On a related note, we still have some logo wear shirts. See the link at the top of the left column. David and I wear these shirts all the time and they are top notch quality. This is a great way to support this site and Two Plus Two in general.

Best wishes,

Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said in the other forum, "T-shirts! We want T-shirts!"

MicroBob
05-15-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
David and I wear these shirts all the time and they are top notch quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I'm seen wearing one will Negreneau challenge me to a heads-up match??

More seriously....great news that HOH orders are being accepted.

june 8 delivery (or thereabouts) allows time for me to actually study it some before heading to vegas.

good idea x-posting over here in the Zoo btw.

GrannyMae
05-15-2005, 01:33 AM
David and I wear these shirts all the time

so if we would like to be on the cutting edge of fashion, we should buy these quality garments?

do you sell any that have division or multiplication? did you get these from an overstock sale in a "special education" catalog?

can i have one free??

do you think it is fair that i have to pay YOU to walk around with your logo and advertise your site?

they are top notch quality

of course they are. properly sourced seconds have barely noticeable defects.

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/crazy/209.gif

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/love/new/pink&lovely.gif

Mason Malmuth
05-15-2005, 05:33 AM
Hi Bob:

You wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
So if I'm seen wearing one will Negreneau challenge me to a heads-up match??

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps. Hey I was considering sending Negraneau a complimentary shirt. What do you think?

best wishes,
mason

lorinda
05-15-2005, 05:48 AM
Moderator(s) notified In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.

I win.

Lori

jaxUp
05-15-2005, 06:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Moderator(s) notified In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.

I win.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

JoshuaD
05-15-2005, 07:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps. Hey I was considering sending Negraneau a complimentary shirt. What do you think?

best wishes,
mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he not like 2+2 or something?

twowords
05-15-2005, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

best wishes,
mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mason,

What is the story behind this, some sort of tension between 2+2 and Negraneau I presume?

Cheers.

Nick-Zack
05-15-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I win.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

sfwusc
05-15-2005, 11:18 AM
That is the funniest thing I have seen here in awhile.

-SFWUSC

IggyWH
05-15-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That is the funniest thing I have seen here in awhile.

-SFWUSC

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I think Nick's avatar is more funny.

Tapin
05-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Just out of curiosity -- it looks like it's priced the same as it will be when it comes out; it doesn't have a description yet; and the first one is easily obtainable from any decent book store.

Is there an incentive to preorder that I'm missing?

Nick-Zack
05-15-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Personally, I think Nick's avatar is more funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHere the heck is my avatar?

BigBaitsim (milo)
05-15-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I win.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. A real, actual LOL, not just a typed out LOL that really involved no LOL-ing.

Great post.

GrannyMae
05-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Hey I was considering sending Negraneau a complimentary shirt. What do you think?

yes, good idea. send a freebie to one of your multi-millionaire little poker friends.

god forbid you had a raffle or something and gave one away here to us poor working slobs.

that's OK. we will hover around the conjelco dumpsters in case chuck decides to toss one out that he has been using to DUST off that stack of your lowball books that are stacked to the ceiling in the corner and are really nothing more than a fire marshall violation.

seriously. have you sold one of those in last 5 years? if so, was the person still alive? or was it for some grieving widow that wanted to bury her beloved with his favorite book?

Best Wishes,

Granny
XXL
(send it to my BILLING address)

Shoe
05-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Why is it more expensive to order pre-order this book directly from 2+2, as opposed to buying from amazon? Does the 2+2 price include shipping or is that extra?

At amazon, it only costs $19.77. If you order something else to bump the order over $25, it is free shipping.

Mike Haven
05-15-2005, 02:37 PM
Search for Negreanu by David Sklansky in the World Poker Tour Forum within last one month.

(Make sure you spell Negreanu correctly.)

Ragnar
05-15-2005, 04:32 PM
The incentive is that you get it before anyone else. You can gloat about that and post comments in the Books/Publications forum.

The positive thing about ordering from Conjelco is that you support the people who pay for this forum.

GrannyMae
05-15-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The incentive is that you get it before anyone else. You can gloat about that and post comments in the Books/Publications forum.

The positive thing about ordering from Conjelco is that you support the people who pay for this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

everone knows i am just being smartass in above posts.

however, ragnar is right. we need to support the forum and not worry about saving $1.32 by getting Dan's book elsewhere.

jmho

Shoe
05-15-2005, 09:16 PM
Actually, I think they should cut 2+2'ers a deal (or atleast match competitor's prices) because we are their bread and butter with all the ad revenue we generate for them. Not to mention, many of us have already purchased every 2+2 book on the market, how about a frequent buyer program or something?

No offense intended, I anxiously await the new book, and wish continued success to both 2+2, the authors, and conjelco.

kdog
05-15-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Search for Negreanu by David Sklansky in the World Poker Tour Forum within last one month.

(Make sure you spell Negreanu correctly.)

[/ QUOTE ]
No search necessary. Just go over there and look for the longest thread on the first page.

ChoicestHops
05-16-2005, 02:39 AM
I understand supporting the company, but at amazon you can get it for 10 bucks cheaper. Get the shipping deal and you also get free shipping, so I honestly see no incentive to buy it directly.

Tapin
05-16-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
however, ragnar is right. we need to support the forum and not worry about saving $1.32 by getting Dan's book elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I were worried about saving $1.32, I probably wouldn't be playing poker, even at the microlimits I play at.

I was just confused (well, more like "amused") that the book is being presold, full price, with nothing more known about it than "Hey, Dan Harrington wrote it and 2+2 is publishing it".

I suppose "brand loyalty" is enough of a preorder incentive for some, and more power to 'em. As it is, I'm probably going to pick up the book at some point, but there's no compelling reason to me to buy it before I can flip through it and see that there's stuff I could use in my game at my local indie bookstore.

(Of course, there's always something I can use at my game. Which is why I have almost every other 2+2 book.)

reubenf
05-16-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I was just confused (well, more like "amused") that the book is being presold, full price, with nothing more known about it than "Hey, Dan Harrington wrote it and 2+2 is publishing it".

[/ QUOTE ]

If I read half of a book at the bookstore, and it's really good but I have to leave, I might buy it for the second half with nothing more known about the second half other than "Hey, it's written and published by the same guy as the first half."

CountDuckula
05-16-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read Book I? I'd have a hard time believing that someone who has wouldn't be champing at the bit for Book II. I'm eagerly looking forward to it (alas, I'm going to Vegas before I'll get the book); it will be covering a number of areas that Dan only touched on briefly in Book I.

-Mike

krazyace5
05-16-2005, 02:53 PM
It is actually $23.95 on preorder thru 2+2, I don't know why it shows the full price on the first page. Also another bonus for ordering direct is the ability to use neteller to pay for it.

Tapin
05-16-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you read Book I?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alas, I own it but I haven't yet cracked it open (bought it in the same trip to the bookstore as about eight other books, and haven't been reading as much as I should in the last couple of months). Does Volume I give the TOC for Volume II? Both you and reubenf have implied that you have knowledge of the book's contents; if that's the case, then the book description missing on the front page isn't as big a deal as I thought it was.

Oh, and thanks, krazy, for the info re Neteller. That's useful to know.

CountDuckula
05-16-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did you read Book I?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alas, I own it but I haven't yet cracked it open (bought it in the same trip to the bookstore as about eight other books, and haven't been reading as much as I should in the last couple of months). Does Volume I give the TOC for Volume II? Both you and reubenf have implied that you have knowledge of the book's contents; if that's the case, then the book description missing on the front page isn't as big a deal as I thought it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the last couple of pages in Book I, there's a list of discussion topics and brief descriptions of them for Book II. To me, it sounds like a must-read. I think my tournament play has improved significantly just from what I've learned and been able to put into practice from Book I, and I suspect Book II could take me to another level entirely.

-Mike

MicroBob
05-16-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, Dan Harrington wrote it

[/ QUOTE ]

that's good enough for me.

but the fact that the vol 1 of HOH was REALLY REALLY good doesn't hurt either.

I am anxiously awaiting this one too.
If you're not then don't order it...peruse through it at the book-store and see if you like it.
But i'm definitely in the camp of 'want to get this ASAP.'

stabn
05-17-2005, 03:52 PM
I got HOH 1 at least two weeks before amazon shipped. I expect it will be something similar for HOH vol 2.

pokerswami
05-17-2005, 07:55 PM
I have built up quite an account of Sklansky dollars.

Tell me which box to check to use them to pay for my 2+2 books.