PDA

View Full Version : Do you fear me?

BeerMoney
05-14-2005, 10:59 PM
I decided to slow play this one. Let me know what you think about the 5th street check raise, and the river check. I kind of feared one of my opponents already having something big but playing like a pansy.

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes
Seat 5: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

4th Street

Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises
Seat 7: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___calls

5th Street

Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___raises
Seat 7: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___calls

6th Street

Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

River

Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___checks
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks
Seat 7: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___checks

bigredlemon
05-14-2005, 11:20 PM
I like your play here. If you raise 3rd you are basically announcing that you have rolled trips. On 4th, you have to kick people out because there's too many people drawing against you, and you can still represent a straight draw or two pair. I'd bet the river though because you're going to get called by the same hands that are behind a straight. If someone has a straight or flush, they would have likely bet into you hoping to 3bet your raise. If you get check raised then so be it. You'd bet AA55 here so i don't see why you'd check trips.

beta1607
05-14-2005, 11:35 PM
I really like the way you played it, but why not bet the river. I think this is def. a +ev situation and you are second to last to act. You are losing some value from a hands you have beat that will have to call since the pot is so big.

bigredlemon
05-14-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really like the way you played it, but why not bet the river. I think this is def. a +ev situation and you are second to last to act. You are losing some value from a hands you have beat that will have to call since the pot is so big.

[/ QUOTE ]Isn't the addage that a good poker player makes 1-2 BBs per hour? Lets say it's 3-6 in the online context. Hero just lost out on an hours worth of beer money /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TheShootah
05-15-2005, 01:31 AM
I like your line because it really looks like you have something like 34 in the whole because of the late raise on 4th and the check on 5th when some of your outs go bye bye. I think I might have bet seventh though. Even if you think you may be beat, you are definitely called down by some people, prolly enough to make this +EV. Although I am chicken, so I might have checked too.

Michael Emery
05-15-2005, 01:48 AM
I fear you only because you're capable of limp reraising like a madman with three flushes on third. As for the hand, I like it all except for the wussy river check. A river bet here is defintely +EV in the long haul. I especially like your check-raise on fifth that a lot of players wouldnt have made. Well played.

Mike Emery

stud7champ
05-15-2005, 10:17 AM
I think you made a mistake on 5th street I would have bet, the high hand would have raised and I would have reraised. this puts more money in the pot and is in line with the primary objective of getting the low hands out so you can play heads up high hand v high hand. You would then stand a good chance of scooping and also drawing to a low (About 25% of the time).

BeerMoney
05-15-2005, 10:30 AM
Its not hi-lo.

MRBAA
05-16-2005, 10:05 AM
I re-raise on 3rd with small rolled, myself. I don't really want to give a free ride to higher pairs -- let'em pay to chase me.

River is close -- you've shown enough aggression that hands that beat you may give you a free showdown. It's closer than the other posters think, I believe.

Andy B
05-16-2005, 02:17 PM
I would probably bet out on fifth myself, but the check-raise is good. Definitely bet the river, though.

BeerMoney
05-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Rolled 5's love me. Does anyone else slowdown earlier?

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___calls___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___raises___raises
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___completes___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___raises___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises___raises

5th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___raises___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___raises

6th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___raises___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises___raises

River

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___bets
Seat 2: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

Michael Emery
05-17-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else slowdown earlier?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me. Looks perfect.

Mike Emery

Andy B
05-18-2005, 12:05 AM
I dunno. At some point, it ought to occur to the guy with the Ace that you're rolled-up. You're certainly acting like you're rolled-up. I'd probably slow down on or about sixth myself.

You can't fold on the river for one more bet, obviously, but when the guy who has called a cap four streets in a row comes out betting on the river, it's hard for me to imagine that your set is good.

timmer
05-19-2005, 12:00 AM
Im with you here Andy.

ever Need WPT tickets ? let me know.

timmer

Roland
05-19-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dunno. At some point, it ought to occur to the guy with the Ace that you're rolled-up. You're certainly acting like you're rolled-up. I'd probably slow down on or about sixth myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldn’t know this, but I think this was Ponchoo555 (once again). No reason to slow down against him.

[ QUOTE ]
You can't fold on the river for one more bet, obviously, but when the guy who has called a cap four streets in a row comes out betting on the river, it's hard for me to imagine that your set is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly he started with rolled threes and made quads on the river /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Michael Emery
05-19-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly he started with rolled threes and made quads on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

So your telling me he never raised once when he was rolled up with 333, check-called sixth street when he was full and had the obvious nuts, then decided to finally bet out on the river? That cant be right......can it? The weakest of weak-passive players dont even play that meekly.

Mike Emery

Roland
05-19-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly he started with rolled threes and made quads on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

So your telling me he never raised once when he was rolled up with 333, check-called sixth street when he was full and had the obvious nuts, then decided to finally bet out on the river? That cant be right......can it? The weakest of weak-passive players dont even play that meekly.

Mike Emery

[/ QUOTE ]

I’m not absolutely sure this is the hand I witnessed, but it sure looks like it.
If this is the hand, I would think he was trying to get three bets on the river. No idea why he check-called 6th though…

BeerMoney
05-19-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Emery

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is what happened. He never had to click raise. He also could have checkraised me on the river if he felt like it.