PDA

View Full Version : I think I figured it out.

Eihli
05-14-2005, 10:58 PM
I've been posting a lot of hands lately asking whether they should be pushed. All of them have been yes. All of them were folded. I believe I have realized the cause and cure. When I play multi's, since I'm still learning, I only play one table at a time and devote my full attention to the game. The result of this is that on the bubble, I realize that if I bust, my past 3+ hours were wasted unless I can wait just another 10 minutes. 10 minutes of waiting to ensure a non-wasteful 3 hours seems like a pretty good deal. However, as is becoming apparent, this is costing me money. To put my thinking to test I will play my next tournaments while playing 3 other tables. I should still be able to get good reads by paying attention mainly to the tournament table, and I'll only be worried about wasting 1/4 of my past 3 hours since the other 3/4 was spent on tables that I am pretty sure I can beat. Ta da!

Superfluous Man
05-14-2005, 11:21 PM
Actually, I have the same cure for a different problem. If I'm not playing a sng and/or another multi, I start to play a little looser than I would like, especially in the middle stages of some multis where the stacks aren't exactly deep enough to fool around too much.

Playing a sng especially helps me be more patient (in both games).

Whatever works, though. Good luck.