PDA

View Full Version : One more Zooer.

dogsballs
05-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Gotta brag...

Doyles Room.
Congratulations dogsballs, you have won a $12.5k package to the 2005 WSOP.

Woohoo.!!

Now the wifie wants to go shopping to celebrate....gotta indulge. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ewile
05-14-2005, 09:21 PM
That's awsome! Congratulations!

Jim Kuhn
05-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Huge congrats!!! Good luck!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

signal
05-14-2005, 09:29 PM
congrats. nice win.

Jurollo
05-14-2005, 09:29 PM
Nice work dog. See you in vegas.
~Justin

splashpot
05-14-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now the wifie wants to go shopping to celebrate....gotta indulge.

[/ QUOTE ]
She wants to get a head start on spending that 15 million that you're going to win.

lorinda
05-14-2005, 09:34 PM
GL Dogs! Congrats.

Lori

dogsballs
05-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Funny thing was I turned down a deal HU.

I played the Poker Room tourney at the same time, which is a $13.5k package (the poker room w/e tourney is sweet if you can win a sat for it...3 wsop places were awarded for 144 entrants + 3 cash spots).

So I confused the two and thought the doyles room seat was $13.5k and turned down his offer of 5k to let him have the seat HU when he had a slight chip lead. I wanted 6k to give it up. If I hadn't mixed the two, I woulda snapped up the 5k cash to give up the 12.5k spot.

So we played on.

ClaytonN
05-14-2005, 09:57 PM
wtg DB, gratz

splashpot
05-14-2005, 10:05 PM
How do those deals usually work? Is it the honor system? Or is there a safer way to guarantee he gives you the money?

MicroBob
05-14-2005, 10:16 PM
nice going dogsballs.

didn't know you were playing anywhere else since I see you on MY tables and tourneys so freaking much.
glad you got your seat and am certainly not surprised you were able to pull it off.

i think this probably makes up for the embarassment of finishing DEAD LAST in the most recent KOTZ.

goodguy_1
05-14-2005, 10:33 PM
Congrats balls go get em!

dogsballs
05-15-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i think this probably makes up for the embarassment of finishing DEAD LAST in the most recent KOTZ.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was just me practising for when I'm at the world series...

I wasnt playing anywhere else except stars for it, but had $100 in doyles room two days ago and won a chunk in a coupla rebuys, so took a swing at their wsop event today.

mother_brain
05-15-2005, 02:52 AM
So has any one got numbers on the odds of a 2+2er winning the WSOP?

AAmaz0n
05-15-2005, 02:55 AM
Congrats! See you in Vegas

Shauna

TylerD
05-15-2005, 03:40 AM
Been a bit of a luckbox in the past few days haven't we dogs? If I could suckout as good as you I'd be a millionaire /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Congrats and gl.

Stosh
05-15-2005, 11:46 AM
We'll done, add another 2+2'er to the list. I'll be seeing you at the Rio. 'Stosh

Acesover8s
05-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Congrats Doggy. Only surprise is that it took you this long to win one. . .

Alobar
05-15-2005, 01:03 PM
GJ man, dont bust my ass in the tourny /images/graemlins/smile.gif

albanat0r
05-15-2005, 10:50 PM
That $5,000 offer is still on the table.... Seriously though, nice job, you played great. Great call on the J7 hand. I thought you might lay it down if you had the J, but moreso I was hoping you were also on the draw. Well done dogs.

Lee (CDs Nuts)

dogsballs
05-15-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That $5,000 offer is still on the table.... Seriously though, nice job, you played great. Great call on the J7 hand. I thought you might lay it down if you had the J, but moreso I was hoping you were also on the draw. Well done dogs.

Lee (CDs Nuts)

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, so you hang around here too..?!

It was a good old long ding dong battle once we were HU, even though the rest of the final table seemed to happen quickly. It coulda gone either way if you'd caught some cards; I just got some of the better cards I think (and the final hand came just perfect for me after I'd been pressing you for a while /images/graemlins/wink.gif. the poker gods smiled on me.

The J7 hand I remember - it gave me a nice chip lead, whereas you woulda got the nice lead if I'd dropped. I called cos I like to pay em off on the river.. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif ...plus there was the strong possibility you were on a draw yourself.

Great Game, Lee.

dogmeat
05-15-2005, 11:47 PM
/images/graemlins/cool.gif Very Cool. Good for you balls.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

albanat0r
05-16-2005, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I could tell almost immediately that I wouldn't be able to bully you, even when I had the lead. The hand that got you out of the hole was Q9 vs QT when we flopped top pair. I think I was almost 4/1 before that. Was it me or were the blinds ridiculously low when we started hu? Final table went down like a breeze.

There was one hand that I couldn't decide whether I played it right, but I got the pot so I guess I did. Board was Th 9h x and I had 78h. You raised preflop and I checkraised all in on the flop. You thought a while and folded. Overall a very tough HU match that could've gone either way. I'm was kind of glad you didn't take the 5k, but thought it was a fair price. I remember thinking "isn't it 12.5k?" when you said 13.5k, but figured you just made a typo. Again, congrats, you played great.

Lee

dogsballs
05-16-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I could tell almost immediately that I wouldn't be able to bully you, even when I had the lead. The hand that got you out of the hole was Q9 vs QT when we flopped top pair. I think I was almost 4/1 before that. Was it me or were the blinds ridiculously low when we started hu? Final table went down like a breeze.

There was one hand that I couldn't decide whether I played it right, but I got the pot so I guess I did. Board was Th 9h x and I had 78h. You raised preflop and I checkraised all in on the flop. You thought a while and folded. Overall a very tough HU match that could've gone either way. I'm was kind of glad you didn't take the 5k, but thought it was a fair price. I remember thinking "isn't it 12.5k?" when you said 13.5k, but figured you just made a typo. Again, congrats, you played great.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

The blinds weren't very high the whole time. i think it's cos many players got in via feeder sats and weren't willing to rebuy or add-on, so lots of early casualties. Remember, it was $200 for the buyin/rebuys.

I remember that hand as well. You played it just right. I was tempted with my TP, but eventually decided my kicker might get me in trouble if you also had TP (I had TJ or TQ or something like that). With AT you might have seen me push the chips.