PDA

View Full Version : Play of the Day

PokerBabe(aka)
12-02-2002, 12:22 AM
Today, there was a SuperFish in my 10-20 game at Mirage. This guy was playing every hand and calling with ANY part of the flop, usually to the river. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif In one hand, it appeared that SuperFish was not going to pay off when he was bet into. He hesitated a bit and the young gentleman said, : "Oh, come on - just call me to see what I have". /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif To the delight of the table, SuperFish did exactly that. "Play of the Day" Award. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Babe

mike l.
12-02-2002, 03:00 AM
"He hesitated a bit and the young gentleman said, : "Oh, come on - just call me to see what I have". To the delight of the table, SuperFish did exactly that."

i dont like it at all. cut to table of snickering vegas wannabee pros smiling knowingly. then cut to angry tourist tossing his rack aside as he leaves, deciding to himself that poker wasnt any fun and he'd rather spend his money on craps or 21. ive sensed this sort of vibe before in vegas.

lame.

12-02-2002, 10:18 AM
Not all all, Mike. You missed the point. This guy was having a "good time" and was there to gamble and give his money away. He was oblivious to the manipulation and that is the point of this story. While a more thoughful and experienced player may have found this embarrassing, our character found it all rather amusing and proceeded to just keep paying off. By definition, a SuperFish does not realize he is the bait, now does he? BTW, the comment from the young gentleman came from a tourist (who lived in California, by the way) and there were only 2 locals in the game. Sorry you have found the Vegas "vibe" unpleasant. I think the pros here are not only highly skilled but quite friendly overall. Just a matter of perception, I guess. Babe

PokerBabe(aka)
12-02-2002, 10:21 AM