PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Portis's suit

IronDragon1
05-14-2005, 08:55 PM
wtf?

partygirluk
05-14-2005, 09:00 PM
IS there really someone with this unfortunate name?

SackUp
05-14-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh you are from the UK

The Yugoslavian
05-14-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps he's Craig Sager's long lost brother???

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Yugoslav

partygirluk
05-14-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh you are from the UK

[/ QUOTE ]

?

jakethebake
05-14-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh you are from the UK

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really not know who clinton portis is?

partygirluk
05-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Absolutely no idea, but I'm guessing now he is a sportsman.

diddle
05-14-2005, 09:35 PM
hes a woodsman

ThaSaltCracka
05-14-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]he is an overrated running back for the Washington Redskins.

Jack of Arcades
05-14-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]he is an overrated running back for the Washington Redskins.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everyone knows by now how bad he is.

The Armchair
05-14-2005, 10:05 PM
As a law student and football fan, the lawsuit is one of the more interesting things to come across the wires in recent weeks.

I honestly don't know how I'd rule.

partygirluk
05-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Can't believe some of the names parents give their kids. If your surname is Portis don't call your son Clint!

bugstud
05-14-2005, 10:08 PM
link me?

The Yugoslavian
05-14-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As a law student and football fan, the lawsuit is one of the more interesting things to come across the wires in recent weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure the OP was talking about the suit he's wearing at the Heat/Wizards game...

It's FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC!

Yugoslav

The Armchair
05-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Oh, well, basketball sucks.

The Yugoslavian
05-14-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, well, basketball sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously haven't seen Dwyane Wade play in the last couple of weeks.....

Yugoslav
Who does think that a discussion of the lawsuit would be more interesting than a discussion of his actualy suit...

The Armchair
05-14-2005, 10:44 PM
I've seen him travel a lot.

I've heard few whistles.

Basketball sucks.

NLSoldier
05-15-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What lawsuit?

LostMyMoney
05-15-2005, 12:33 AM
For some athletes their days are numbered

The fight for jersey No. 26 is going all the way to courtroom No. 161B.

Former Washington defensive back Ifeanyi Ohalete has sued running back Clinton Portis, alleging breach of contract in the agreement they had for Portis to pay him $40,000 to give up his No. 26 jersey when Portis was traded to the team last year.

Ohalete was released in August, and he claims Portis stopped payments prematurely and paid only half the sum. The trial is scheduled June 7 in District Court of Maryland in Upper Marlboro.

Although they seldom reach the lawsuit stage, it is not uncommon for lesser-known players to sell their numbers to stars.

Punter Jeff Feagles wore No. 10 until he sold it to Giants rookie quarterback Eli Manning last spring for a one-week vacation in Florida. Feagles switched to No. 17, which he sold this offseason to receiver Plaxico Burress for a new outdoor kitchen at his home in Phoenix.

The Mets' Tom Glavine was issued No. 47 by the Braves in his first spring training. He didn't much care for it, but it came to symbolize everything he overcame to stick in the majors. So when he was traded to the Mets, he financed a baby nursery in the home of current Royal Joe McEwing to get the number back.

The price of jersey numbers has escalated at almost the same rate as player contracts. In 1989, Oakland's Rickey Henderson got No. 24 from Ron Hassey by substituting for him at an autograph session. In 1991, Philadelphia reliever Mitch Williams got No. 28 from John Kruk for two cases of beer. But by 1993, when Henderson wanted No. 24 with the Toronto Blue Jays, he had to pay outfielder Turner Ward $25,000.link (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/11643949.htm)

LostMyMoney
05-15-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From the article above it clearly looks like Portis is in breach of contract. I don't even know how this one is close.

NLSoldier
05-15-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For some athletes their days are numbered

The fight for jersey No. 26 is going all the way to courtroom No. 161B.

Former Washington defensive back Ifeanyi Ohalete has sued running back Clinton Portis, alleging breach of contract in the agreement they had for Portis to pay him $40,000 to give up his No. 26 jersey when Portis was traded to the team last year.

Ohalete was released in August, and he claims Portis stopped payments prematurely and paid only half the sum. The trial is scheduled June 7 in District Court of Maryland in Upper Marlboro.

Although they seldom reach the lawsuit stage, it is not uncommon for lesser-known players to sell their numbers to stars.

Punter Jeff Feagles wore No. 10 until he sold it to Giants rookie quarterback Eli Manning last spring for a one-week vacation in Florida. Feagles switched to No. 17, which he sold this offseason to receiver Plaxico Burress for a new outdoor kitchen at his home in Phoenix.

The Mets' Tom Glavine was issued No. 47 by the Braves in his first spring training. He didn't much care for it, but it came to symbolize everything he overcame to stick in the majors. So when he was traded to the Mets, he financed a baby nursery in the home of current Royal Joe McEwing to get the number back.

The price of jersey numbers has escalated at almost the same rate as player contracts. In 1989, Oakland's Rickey Henderson got No. 24 from Ron Hassey by substituting for him at an autograph session. In 1991, Philadelphia reliever Mitch Williams got No. 28 from John Kruk for two cases of beer. But by 1993, when Henderson wanted No. 24 with the Toronto Blue Jays, he had to pay outfielder Turner Ward $25,000.link (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/11643949.htm)

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, when I look at your post, all I see is the link, but when I quote it, the whole story appears /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyways, thanks.

captZEEbo1
05-15-2005, 12:39 AM
I never heard of him either, and I'm from the US. wheeee for living in a cave apparently.

fluxrad
05-15-2005, 01:01 AM
LostMyMoney, that was a really interesting story.

as for the topic of conversation, Portis is a douche, but I wouldn't say he sucks. He's arguably one of the most talented backs in the NFL and he was the skins offense last season. That's probably why he didn't put up more yards. Teams knew that if they could stop Portis, they could basically shut down Gibbs' offense. That being said...the kid needs to grow up and, as a guy living in Denver, I think we seriously got the better deal in Champ Bailey.