PDA

View Full Version : Question about AK

willperkins
05-14-2005, 08:17 PM
I am in a bad streak right now and have been struggling the past three weeks (at one point I lost 14 SNG in a row, a record for me), so I am concerned about my play. Am I playing too weak/tight?

Pre flop: My original thought with the limpers in front of me was to limp and try to win a big pot if I flopped to it.

Was that a mistake?

After all these limpers, the BB raises. All hands that he has had to show so far have been reasonable, however, he is in almost every pot, so I peg him LAG.

Would you come over the top, call or fold his bet?

$10/$1
Paradise Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t60 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t855.00)
Button (t1155.00)
Hero (t790.00)
BB (t3095.00)
UTG (t2385.00)
MP (t1720.00)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Hero posts a small blind of t30.
BB posts a BB of t60

UTG calls t60
MP calls t60
two fold
Hero completes to t60
Bb raises to t500
UTG folds
MP folds
Hero??

pergesu
05-14-2005, 08:22 PM
BB sees a bit of money in the pot, decides he's going to steal it. He could have a wide range of hands here, any PP, Ax, KQ/J. I push here.

I also don't like limping from the SB hoping to win a big pot if you hit. It's not very fun to play big pots when they go unraised preflop. Establish your hand here, try to get it heads up or three-handed at the most.

mrh86
05-14-2005, 08:22 PM
In my own experiences, if the big blind is going to raise to a lot of limpers instead of seeing the flop for free or at a large discount, he is either outright bluffing in order to get a few people to fold, especially the small blind, or has monster suited connectors like A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K-Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Oluwafemi
05-14-2005, 08:41 PM
why did you not raise or push all-in [preferably] FIRST ? with the 90 in blind money and the 120 from the limpers, there's 210 to be won. how many hands are you gonna be a really underdog too if called? BB LAG is looking at the fact that there are multiple limpers preflop and he may see this as a sign of weakness. a huge preflop raise from the BB is gonna put every limper to the test with whether to play their holdings to the hilt. you're either gonna fold to his play or reraise all-in. if you push first you take away his ability to say, Bluff raise with any two , which would be totally in character with a LAG. i don't like playing guessing games when faced with a huge raise to me after i limped preflop with a premium hand as the shortstack. i want to put as much guessing in the next man's corner to give him a chance to make the mistake. because you did'nt act first, you're now the guesser and that's a bad spot to be in.