PDA

View Full Version : I made quads, call or raise the river?

LImitPlayer
05-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Party 3-6

Hero is LP with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG calls, MP Calls, MP2 Calls, Hero Calls, SB calls, BB checks

Flop K /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, BB bets, UTG folds, MP calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls

Turn 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, MP2 bets, Hero calls,SB calls, BB calls, MP calls

River Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, MP2 bets, Hero raises, folds, folds, folds, MP2 calls

Call or Raise this river? With everyone calling the turn with 3 9's on the board I was considering just calling here

KDawgCometh
05-14-2005, 07:45 PM
raise PF to build a pot. after that it almost doesn't matter becasue you won't run into this type of hand enough to really have it make that much of a dent in your overall play, ya know

ilovethisgame
05-14-2005, 07:51 PM
You're kidding me, right? Why would you not raise? Anyone with a K is calling anything you put in the pot. I'd have maxed out the flop and turn, too.

Stack
05-14-2005, 07:58 PM
River: With four players to act after me, I call and I'll be happy if there's two callers.

LImitPlayer
05-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Preflop raise is a good idea, my bad

Raisng the flop is debateable, I was hoping the BB would bet out again and I could raise the turn.

I think the turn raise would clearly be a mistake as I am then forcing 4 players to cold call 2 on the turn. I don't think any draw is paying two cold to see the rurn with 3 9's on the board and having to cold call two bets on the turn. How many players do you think have a K here? Anyone with a K is betting this turn. I think 9 times outa 10 I am making more money by calling then raisng this turn

Sometimes having the nuts and not raising is clearly the best idea

ncboiler
05-14-2005, 08:11 PM
If the table is loose I would raise. If its tight I just call.

SomethingClever
05-14-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the table is loose I would raise. If its tight I just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh... 'cause you don't want to buy the button and have the blinds fold /images/graemlins/confused.gif

This makes no sense. It's a raise every time, IMO.

Chairman Wood
05-14-2005, 08:49 PM
yeah go ahead and value call your nuts on the river fillmaff

27offsooot
05-14-2005, 09:26 PM
raise the flop