PDA

View Full Version : I'm screwed either way

Newt_Buggs
05-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t937)
SB (t6403)
BB (t1690)
Hero (t970)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero?</font>,

reads:
The BB is loose aggressive and will call with a very wide range of hands. He is also almost certain to raise my blind next hand too if it folds to him. The button, the other short stack, is passive and unlikely to make a move if I fold.

pushing is definitly -EV, but so is sucking down a blind for 1/3 of my stack.

Nicok7
05-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Push, probably your last chance to be in as a favorite, or even steal. King High is a blessing in this spot, take it!

Sykes
05-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Pusssssssssshhhhhhhh. SB needs to pick up a decent hand to call you and BB needs a great hand to call you.

Newt_Buggs
05-15-2005, 06:10 AM
Thats the problem though, the BB will not need a great hand to call. Normally this would be an autopush, but the BB is a maniac who will call with almost any two (he ended up calling with 10,7o and my K high held up). Its hard to tell exactly how far he would go with his calling range, but it looks like pushing is approximately -2.3%.

So basically, where do you draw the line? When is a -EV push worse than folding and gambling by taking the blind with little FE?

Big Limpin'
05-15-2005, 06:19 AM
Yeah. about the best you can be is a 60/40, if called, which your reads indicate as likely.
Because the other shorty sits to your left, you know the onus is on you to make the first move. He can out wait you.

I think i would muck this, and hope to be dealt something i can roll with in BB, or failing that, you can get allin from tha SB versus the other shorty's BB.

Theres alot that can happen yet, you dont really need to autopush UTG. I think it helps if you abandon hope of winning any more big pots, and just play the tactical, waiting game style. Jab jab jab...yeah?

Of the 3 of you with lowish stacks, 2 of you will cash. And you know BB is a loose caller. It'll really only take one hand to ge you the edge on these guys. THis K2o utg is probably not it.

chisness
05-15-2005, 08:23 AM
I vote push. Even if BB is a loose caller, you're still very likely to be a (small) favorite. If he calls and you win you're pretty much guaranteed money. If he folds, you're in great shape too.

Even if he is a loose caller, your push puts him in pretty bad shape if he calls, so maybe he'll find some sense and lay down a mediocre holding.

Waiting till next hand when you likely find a worse holding that you'll probably be forced to call any raise with is really not the position I think you want to get into.

I think you push anything in this spot, so the K should definitely make it the best play.

shejk
05-15-2005, 08:25 AM
From your description of the bb, this must be a CLEAR fold.

stupidsucker
05-15-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
From your description of the bb, this must be a CLEAR fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
quite the opposit imo. If you know he is loose, so does everyone else. You can ride his loose play as FE.. You likely have a better hand then just him, and others with hands like Ax will fold to your all in because he is behind them. You cant really get itm without winning at least one showdown at this point. Take it.

shejk
05-15-2005, 01:51 PM
Man, if he's gonna be calling allins left and right, you got a decent chance to get into the money by folding. Against the other small stack you'll have decent folding equity on your sb, and K2 is a significant dog even to a huge range of calling hands. On top of that there are two other players who might wake up with monsters. This is a crappy situation for a push.

valenzuela
05-15-2005, 01:54 PM
push its K2 or a random hand in the BB.